The wee turd.

Sod that!!! Playing out of position and being up against that monster Deeney ...the wee man deserves a medal ...poor kid must have been exhausted .

Neil Dawson - 31/3/2018 20:33

Should have started with wing backs... it wasn’t difficult to work that out.

We said that when we found out Smith and Francis were unavailable .

The only trouble with it though,the three that would have been at centre back,Daniels,Cook and Ake are all left footed I believe?

It’s alright taking the p*** Rob but I’ve been pretty consistent asking for wing backs all season so hardly being wise after the event.

People keep asking why we keep coming back. It’s because we finish every game with a formation better suited to the players and the modern game than the one we start with. It’s not rocket science.

redharry - 31/3/2018 16:34

the fault for the first goal lies with leaving a player totally unmarked at a corner - not Fraser
Spot on. Completely unmarked. I am not even sure who was supposed to pick him up as there was no one even close. I think Ake was closest but he was marking as was Cook. Just weird.

Neil Dawson - 31/3/2018 18:57

It’s alright taking the p*** Rob but I’ve been pretty consistent asking for wing backs all season so hardly being wise after the event.

People keep asking why we keep coming back. It’s because we finish every game with a formation better suited to the players and the modern game than the one we start with. It’s not rocket science.
I don't agree that this game was an example of why we should go three at the back because in the first half we created enough to win the game easily. Plus some dubious non calls and cards from the ref. I also do not agree that moving to three at the back made us look more dangerous. I actually thought that Watford did a good job in pushing us back. It was not wave after wave of attack. Remember our goal came from a hoof from a free kick a knock down and a finish from Defoe.

HOWEVER! I do feel that 3 at that three at the back suits us better. Just that this game was not an example to hold up as proof.

442 with Ibe and Stanislas as wingers never seems to work. Add having Fraser as a RB really didn’t help him or our cause today. If anything would have played one up with Ibe and Stanislas in more free central roles.

wallmth - 31/3/2018 22:26

Sod that!!! Playing out of position and being up against that monster Deeney ...the wee man deserves a medal ...poor kid must have been exhausted .

Agree, as evidence of his monstering I noticed at the final whistle, blown while the ball was in the air, it came down near Deeney, who then punched it and it flew, at meat from the Canberra angle I saw anyway

Frasers the Man... Wee and Free!

Had a chat with a Man U 'fan' at lunchtime today. He had 'never heard' of Fraser!
Then;
De Doo Be Dum Dumb!
He said he thought they would win the PL this year because De Bruyne was out of Cities side for months and they have signed Fred!
So ...I told the Silly Bugger what the The Seven Girls said, " Keep your mind on the Traffic..your hands on the wheel and keep your shifty eyes on the road ahead... Because we are having fun sitting in the Back Seat ..Kissing and a Hugging with Fraser! De Doo be dum dum....

Fraser talking about Chelsea post-Mk Dons.
"Different manager, different style of formation they play, little more expansive. Letting their players like Hazard, Morata . . . Willian coming off the bench . . .when you've got people like that! I think with this new formation they're gonna score more goals than they did last season. They're not so structured, so rigid but, I think with that being said that gives us more space to play our game as well. Them type of players don't wanna run back. They're not like our wingers where we're honest players. But, they're obviously ten times better, Eden Hazard is ten times better than I am going forward. But if we do the honest work against Chelsea, then anything's possible."
I love his comment about "honest" players, after which he catches himself and inserts the part about how good Chelsea players are.

;