The wee turd.

Thats exactly how I feel.
The little **************** let down his team "mates", his manager, his club, us fans and himself. He won't be getting any polite applause from me if he plays down here again, something a bit more robust I think.
Agreed . If after lockdown he said he didn’t want to play due to risk of injury etc ,I can totally see that . However, to admit before Xmas you couldn’t be bothered and then say he will help and fight with his teammates and then refuse to ply shows how much of a weasel he is .
love to play against him in the cup next year and for the likes of Lerma or s cook to stick one on him

Odd that he supposedly had something lined up ages ago and now we are hearing about all these clubs interested in signing him, i.e. they are under the impression that he is still a free agent.
Sounds to me like his agent is doing heehaw to get his client a new job after convincing him that his old one was beneath him.
What a pair of eejits, they deserve each other.

Pretty sure that I read he changed his agent fairly recently. In which case the guy that advised him not to sign the original deal on the table with us will miss out wherever he ends up.

This is my sad face. :cry:

Bizarre performances from Fraser last season - can't remember another AFCB player just giving up on the pitch the way he did. Norwich at home - Fraser gets the ball repeatedly on the left, runs a few yards and lays it off ... again and again and again, like he was saying "you guys play, I won't". And getting paid a fat wedge each week - just disgraceful. What was going on in his head??

What a sad end to a story that I'd been fully behind until recently:

The no doubt challenging move from Scotland at 18.

Eddie taking him for dinner and getting him a dog, making sure he stopped eating Dominos all the time.

How much clearly appreciated Eddie's support and the brilliant performances he put in for us.

Now I can only see:

"I wanted to sign for a decent team. You know, like Spurs or Arsenal. But now I'm here at Crystal Palace I can't wait to get started and drudge away in an uninspiring, former one-man-team in a **************** bit of London."

If they sell Zaha (have they already?) he's not only going to have to fill those boots, but every fan is going to know that he's making do at best by signing for Palace. Or any club he ends up at. Either way, he's really got his work cut out.

Can't wait to see the photo of a beaming Fraser holding the Palace scarf aloft, declaring that "I've always dreamed of playing for Palace".
At that moment we need to get a Weeman lookalike to stand next to him in an AFCB shirt and give him the Weeman eyebrow raise he did when interviewed alongside Deeney that time !
:lol:

I’m sure Arsenal or one of the other big clubs that were supposedly interested in him will be along soon with an offer. Pffffftttttt

As a side note, covid affected maybe, but does the size of the contract we offered him relative to what he’s being offered now also suggest that we would have been overpaying?

Not really. Then we were offering him a contract to persuade him to stay with us and not move to one of the top six clubs in the country. You always have to award large contracts for that, a bit like Palace with Zaha.

His (in)actions last season appear to have scared off any interest from those clubs and with it a larger contract deal.

If I remember rightly there were reports of a bid of £20 million from Arsenal last summer which we rebuffed. If we'd have accepted and he'd have moved then I suspect he would have landed a much better deal than the one supposedly on the table from Palace at the moment.

Not really. Then we were offering him a contract to persuade him to stay with us and not move to one of the top six clubs in the country. You always have to award large contracts for that, a bit like Palace with Zaha.

His (in)actions last season appear to have scared off any interest from those clubs and with it a larger contract deal.

If I remember rightly there were reports of a bid of £20 million from Arsenal last summer which we rebuffed. If we'd have accepted and he'd have moved then I suspect he would have landed a much better deal than the one supposedly on the table from Palace at the moment.
There was endless talk of such a bid, but I don't think anything concrete ever came through from Arsenal. They signed Pepe in the same position for massive money after all.

So I have to wonder whether the talk was just generated by his agent hoping to flush out some bids from somewhere.

I Guess we will never know, but I’d be amazed if any of that talk about 20million offers from Arsenal and the like were actually true - just his agent trying to raise his clients profile and push us into a corner with his contract offer.

I said it last summer and I’ll say it again, there was never any top six interest and there never will be. Look and the standard of players at these clubs! Fraser had a brilliant season 18-19, don’t get me wrong, but he just doesn’t have the quality that the elite are looking for and never will. His game is far too basic, look at all of his assists from that season and they were virtually all crosses. Every time he picks up the ball in a central position he looks lost. He maximised his positive assets that year but you simply need more to make it at the very top.

;