The wee turd.

I also hope he stays for another season. I think he would be worth more to us than anything we would realistically get for him in the transfer market (bearing in mind we will not be paying him his going rate this season either).

It will also be a wee poke in the eye to those arrogant Aberdeen fans who were moaning on when he signed for us. I am sure they will enjoy seeing their club get 20% of nothing in sell on fees.

Bit I don’t get in all this is, the money we offered must be miles apart from what he thinks he will get else where, we have just supposedly given Wilson £100k a week, what does he think he’s worth, or is it he wants to play for trophy’s and cups ?

Bit I don’t get in all this is, the money we offered must be miles apart from what he thinks he will get else where, we have just supposedly given Wilson £100k a week, what does he think he’s worth, or is it he wants to play for trophy’s and cups ?
Money is his focus and he values his 'worth' at more than EH does

I really hope he stays. He's massive for us (so to speak) and I'd rather watch him for another year in red and black. Of course it would be better if we got money for him but at the end of the day that makes no odds to me. Watching him play for another year does though.

I’m with this. It’s a miracle we haven’t lost any of our talent yet but that can’t go on for ever. We also have another year to decide who will replace him/keep the Demari Gray thread going

The interviews I have seen with Ryan Fraser he has given answers to what he can.

Sometimes the interviewer comes back with a similar question, to which Ryan answered I don’t know what else to say or I don’t know.

FFS cut the wee man some slack... he has been a tremendous servant to the club. He has given us some great memories. We are playing in the big boys league now. If Ryan gives us another season like the last and then f*cks off to sign a good deal for him then so be it. Good luck to him he has always given his all for us. It's just the way things are at the top table. One more season watching him set up goals for Callum and vica versa makes me a well happy chap .. chill guys .

FFS cut the wee man some slack... he has been a tremendous servant to the club. He has given us some great memories. We are playing in the big boys league now. If Ryan gives us another season like the last and then f*cks off to sign a good deal for him then so be it. Good luck to him he has always given his all for us. It's just the way things are at the top table. One more season watching him set up goals for Callum and vica versa makes me a well happy chap .. chill guys .
Absolutely agree; he doesn't owe us anything. He always gives 100%, and I expect he will do so til he leaves

Nobody is debating this as far as I can tell. Just making the point that the situation could do with a bit of clarity from both sides heading into the new season. It may be that this is the case and hasn’t been made public, but statements over the past few months from Fraser and the club would suggest otherwise. Nobody can begrudge him a move and if it’s one more year then so be it!

Nobody is debating this as far as I can tell. Just making the point that the situation could do with a bit of clarity from both sides heading into the new season. It may be that this is the case and hasn’t been made public, but statements over the past few months from Fraser and the club would suggest otherwise. Nobody can begrudge him a move and if it’s one more year then so be it!

I suspect the only clarity we'll get will be when the window shuts and he's either here or not. Then the lack of clarity will re-emerge in Jan, where there will be a real temptation to sell for £10m or so if he's done well and we're looking safe.

Not sure about £10 million, when 20% of that goes to Aberdeen and every place higher in the league is worth £2 million?

Obviously nothing is guaranteed but you’d have thought that AFCB with the Wee Man for half a season could conceivably finish at least four places higher than without him.

Last edited:
Pretty simple really ... can we sell him for a sufficient amount to bring in a commensurate talent that we can lock up contractually for a few years. If yes, should let him go, and sign up the replacement. If not, keep him, on the understanding that we may lose him for nothing next summer (or at a lesser value in the winter window).

Of course, by keeping him there is always the possibility of a contract extension at a later date. However, that is usually tricky, very dependent on how well he is playing. If really well, he will probably want to move on and test the open waters. If not so well, how eager will the club be to extend?

Pretty simple really ... can we sell him for a sufficient amount to bring in a commensurate talent that we can lock up contractually for a few years. If yes, should let him go, and sign up the replacement. If not, keep him, on the understanding that we may lose him for nothing next summer (or at a lesser value in the winter window).

Of course, by keeping him there is always the possibility of a contract extension at a later date. However, that is usually tricky, very dependent on how well he is playing. If really well, he will probably want to move on and test the open waters. If not so well, how eager will the club be to extend?
Think the problem with this is that we can only “let him go” if someone actually bids for him! If you look at the top 6, only arsenal would sign him this summer and that’s gone extremely quiet.

Personally think if we got offered £25m we would sell him however that’s not an option unless someone wants him! I’m looking forward to seeing him for another season however I am curious to where he might actually go next summer?

I’m surprised there’s been zero links to Everton who could do with a forward player

;