The wee turd.

I understand this sentiment. I think it's more than a little funny how this has come out now at the end of the window when he has no other choice (partly because of how bad he's been).

But we also have no other choice either, but to rally around the bloke. What other creative talents to we have right now? He needs us to start playing to give himself a shop window, and we need him to help keep us up, being a genuine talent when focused.

The inquest into this season, in which Fraser's attitude so far will be a big talking point, can happen in the summer. Park it for now is all I'm saying, cos we have bigger fish to fry.

I agree - but think that's all up to him, not us. If he really ups his performance and starts helping us to win games again, the fans will 'rally around him' and he'll leave on less of a sour note.

If he continues to play the way he has been (despite generously deciding he's going to pull his finger out) the fans are really going to turn on him after this interview. And quite rightly.

Attempting to get him to play properly but pulling hair out when it doesn’t happen

The man management would've been to drop this tw*t for someone who actually had any interest in helping the team. Even if that was a youth team player.

Having clearly been giving Fraser every chance to play himself into some form, wonder if Howe will hear this interview and feel as cheated as we do.

I think if Brooks, Junior and Danjuma had all been fit and H Wilson not been the slightly odd enigma of a player that seems to score a decent number of goals but not do a lot else then Fraser wouldn't have been played through his 'not really trying' spell.

Everyone on here could see he wasn't himself so let's not pretend EH couldn't. The only other options would have been to throw Kilkenny in but maybe he's trying to protect him as he just isn't ready yet or Ibe who, never mind his on-field performances, has been through some off-field stuff of late.

I think Fraser playing was simply a case of needs must.

What's done is done. Everyone knows he's off in the summer. The bitter taste in his mouth is that his six months of slacking off means he'll end up at a West Ham, Newcastle or Everton instead of an Arsenal or Spurs. When he looks back on his career he can only blame himself for that. All I care about is him tearing it up for us between now and the end of the season and then us moving on in the summer.

Surprised so many posters would still give 100% effort for a soon to be ex employer!

If that 'soon to be ex employer' had given you your big opportunity and platform - and was likely to be facing disastrous consequences as a result of you personally phoning it in - then yeah I'd say most posters would.

Call that basic decency, professional pride, not having a piss poor attitude - whatever you like.

The man management would've been to drop this tw*t for someone who actually had any interest in helping the team. Even if that was a youth team player.

that did happen fairly often a couple months back, he was coming off the bench and being replaced by harry and danjuma.

Surprised so many posters would still give 100% effort for a soon to be ex employer!
yes, but he plays in a team.
the same team that contains Steve Cook, Gosling and a few others that would put their bodies on the line to try and help each other be successful. Having no affinity to AFCB is one thing - not giving 100% for your team 'mates' is another.

I have never understood why he was in the team all the time earlier in the season or wasn’t dropped after many poor performances, I appreciate that lately the injuries have meant he has got to play but this should have been dealt with early on when we did have other options to play. I also think he has now realised that no ’big’ club are interested in him after all.

Alex Dobre recent interview:
“At this club, you need to work 100 per cent, so I’m a 100 per cent worker,” Dobre tells The Athletic. “I put everything I can into every training session, just to become better and better day after day. And when this summer there was the window to go on loan, I chose not to go because I know what I can do, I know how hard I can work. I know what I can achieve.
“I said to the gaffer, ‘I want to stay because I know I can play for you. I know I can fight for you.’ So I trust my abilities and I chose to stay, and it was good because I stayed and he gave me a chance to play.”
Howe gave Dobre a first-team debut against Luton Town in the FA Cup earlier this month, coming on as an 80th minute substitute for Ryan Fraser. “I went to go and warm up, I came back, sat down and after Philip (Billing) scored the gaffer was looking at me and said, ‘Alex, let’s go,'” says Dobre, smiling.
“When he said that I just threw my training kit off — bam! — and I was ready in one second to come on, just in case he changed his decision! I was very happy that he trusted me and he put me on to play.”

Who would you like to start for you in the must win game on Saturday. The 'proven' Fraser or the unproven Dobre?

...I think that the situations with Fraser wanting away, Ibe crashing his car, and Callum being messed around by Southgate but securing a good fixed contract for the next four years with us...has probably caused Eddie Howe some challenges which he hasn't really had to deal with in the past when the squad seemed together and tightly knitted....

Howe is overseeing a 'changing of the guard' with Pugh gone and decisions to be made regarding Francis,Daniels, and Surman.

Our recruiting hasn't been very successful in the main over the last few seasons IMO...with Begovic, B Smith, Ibe, Afobe, Mahoney, Hyndman and Solanke not working out as he would have hoped...
although Brooks, Stacey,Rico, Ramsdale, Lerma and King looking okay..

...and jury still out on Mepham, Kelly and Danjuma maybe?

Alex Dobre recent interview:
“At this club, you need to work 100 per cent, so I’m a 100 per cent worker,” Dobre tells The Athletic. “I put everything I can into every training session, just to become better and better day after day. And when this summer there was the window to go on loan, I chose not to go because I know what I can do, I know how hard I can work. I know what I can achieve.
“I said to the gaffer, ‘I want to stay because I know I can play for you. I know I can fight for you.’ So I trust my abilities and I chose to stay, and it was good because I stayed and he gave me a chance to play.”
Howe gave Dobre a first-team debut against Luton Town in the FA Cup earlier this month, coming on as an 80th minute substitute for Ryan Fraser. “I went to go and warm up, I came back, sat down and after Philip (Billing) scored the gaffer was looking at me and said, ‘Alex, let’s go,'” says Dobre, smiling.
“When he said that I just threw my training kit off — bam! — and I was ready in one second to come on, just in case he changed his decision! I was very happy that he trusted me and he put me on to play.”

Who would you like to start for you in the must win game on Saturday. The 'proven' Fraser or the unproven Dobre?
I would play Dobre and Surridge and can't understand why Howe won't take more of a risk with them, especially given the form of H Wilson, Fraser and Solanke!

;