The wee turd.

The bloke has had 1 good season in football and now thinks he’s better than playing towards the bottom of the Premier league.

Eddie should be busting a gut to sign another winger now. How can he be trusted to play another minute for Bournemouth? Not sure the point in that interview but the bloke is obviously very thick.

If I ever see him in a red and black shirt again I won’t boo, would like to think we’re better than all chanting “wee man” at him, we’re better than that. He can’t be arsed for us, why should we give a toss about him

" After that, I don't really know what's going to happen .But thats all I can promise."

That means;
He is not his own man. He is his Agents man. Controlled!

Yep . Strangely enough I believe that if you’ve been blessed with the opportunity to make tens of thousands a week playing footy , 100% effort for the cause should be expected every match . The fecking idiot has ruined his reputation here .
Completely agree. Not forgetting the fact that EH is the one who has invested a lot of time and energy on the training ground developing his game, and this is how he repays him? He can never recover from this now and I for one never want to see him play for us again. He’s been **************** this season anyway! Just give Dobre a chance, it’s not like he could be any less effective than the mercenary midget has been.

Actually bothered to listen to it (yea, I know, should've been trying harder for the vitals team in the first six pages of the post ;) but I promise I'll do better for the next 6 pages).

I didn't think it was quite as bad as people are saying - not saying it's good by any means. It felt like he was just being reflective on the fact the wasn't trying hard enough, has realised this and is getting back on track.

I totally agree with people who say he should always have been trying hard, but none of us know where his head was at. It wouldn't surprise me to hear that many, many players go through this, it's just they get dropped and then do\don't force their way back and don't get interviewed about it, or aren't so honest. Unfortunately for us, Danjuma, Brooks, Stanislas (and Ibe being, well Ibe) all being injured has meant he couldn't really be dropped.

It was quite obvious he wasn't trying and he's a tit for admitting it, yes he'll be gone in Summer but I hate to say it we need him for rest of season because we have no attacking threat or pace whatsoever without him and he has been more lively in the last few games and actually put in more effort than some players.

The thing that doesn't "compute" is that by not giving full effort in his "walk year", he only damages his own future contract. That's actually the antithesis of being "selfish". It does seem to indicate that he was struggling with his place on this team and in his career.

I will happily give him a pass if he shows up for the next 14 games and leads us out of the bottom three. Then, god bless him for the memories.

I do think this emphasizes that (providing we are PL next year) there will be a bit of a clear-out after this season. Lots of evaluation for management to consider.

I'll predict that Ryan will make a positive difference over the next 3+ months and that it will lead to lower mid-table safety.

The thing that doesn't "compute" is that by not giving full effort in his "walk year", he only damages his own future contract. That's actually the antithesis of being "selfish". It does seem to indicate that he was struggling with his place on this team and in his career.

I will happily give him a pass if he shows up for the next 14 games and leads us out of the bottom three. Then, god bless him for the memories.

I do think this emphasizes that (providing we are PL next year) there will be a bit of a clear-out after this season. Lots of evaluation for management to consider.

I'll predict that Ryan will make a positive difference over the next 3+ months and that it will lead to lower mid-table safety.

I like your optimism, John, and I hope you're right. I agree that we have to play him if he retains the form he's in atm. It would be stupid not to having played him when he was rubbish and let's hope he can play C Wilson back into form too. Having said that, he'd have to be in great form for me not to drop him once Danjuma's fit.

I’m not trying to defend his attitude, it’s been poor along with others I would say.

This thread and reaction wouldn’t have happened if he hadn’t given that interview. So is the dislike for him only come about because he is being honest? Haven’t seen as much negative chat about him this season until now.

He hasn’t really said anything we didn’t know, just dumb enough to say it. No problem with playing him if he looks the best in training. We’re in no position to be picky. At the end of the season whatever happens EH should shake his hand and kindly tell him he can f%#k off now

I’m not trying to defend his attitude, it’s been poor along with others I would say.

This thread and reaction wouldn’t have happened if he hadn’t given that interview. So is the dislike for him only come about because he is being honest? Haven’t seen as much negative chat about him this season until now.

My opinion hasn't changed since he decided he didn't want to stay. I don't think it's a good idea to play him into form for another team and I'd have only used him as a sub unless injuries dictate otherwise. They did and unfortunately EH has no faith in Ibe so he played Fraser. Again I would have benched him as soon as Danjuma was fit. He's playing much better now so we'd be crazy not to play him but I still want Danjuma to take preference over Fraser and H Wilson.

People have been critical of Fraser's performances (or lack thereof) - but I think have also been giving him the benefit of the doubt. Personally I thought his dip could've been to loss of confidence, losing a yard of pace or just not actually being that good etc etc. None his fault.

For him to come out and say this is just a kick in the teeth in what's been a difficult enough season. Especially as we're now past the halfway point and the damage may be irreparable.

As others have said, this interview was of zero benefit to us, the club or his teammates. Just shut up and do your talking on the pitch if you really mean it.

He did say in the interview that he'd apologised to his teammates. So hopefully there's been some sort of locker room reconciliation that's taken place and there will be a better team spirit in the future.
Hoping!!!
Was just going to say I wonder what the dressing room thinks of him.

Shows a real lack of maturity and stupidity when talking to the media. With this and recent Echo calamities it shows our media training must be very tin pot.

He’s also considerably reduced negotiating power when faced with his next move. Who wants a player who doesn’t put a shift in when things don’t go to plan. Act your age Wee man your behaving like a petulant kid and earn your wages ....like most who watch you.

We all noticed his lacklustre efforts at the start of the season as I am sure EH did. We must have been very short of fit players at the time.
Now we know the whole truth he should not even make the bench as if he does play and does ok we are only putting him in the shop window
DOES NOT DESERVE TO WEAR THE SHIRT.
UTCIAD

He's being honest about not putting a honest shift in,the irony

If it was just him it would be worth stressing over. The famed front three have tossed it off in the majority of games, Harry presses when he can be bothered, Cook throws himself 10
Foot in the air and claims it’s instinct, Rico
And Gosser switch on and off with concentration and some seem to prefer to get a massage on the treatment table.

If people think this is a Weeman problem they are as mad as he is for admitting it in the media.

Was just going to say I wonder what the dressing room thinks of him.

They are aware of it and have not been afraid to address it. I don't know who on here hangs out where with whom but some might have been in the room after Brighton where Rambo said "....and wee man showed us what he can do. finally. It's taken him long enough....." or words to that effect.

Ryan is 25. I'm glad everyone on here was so wise at 25. I'm massively biased towards the wee lad and have been fortunate enough to spend time in his company. He's a good lad and it's obvious that things haven't worked out for him this season. He hasn't changed his stance one bit from this time last year where he gave the same line: I'll be a Bournemouth player next season and beyond that we'll see. I've got targets to hit and I want to hit them. His stance hasn't changed and hasn't been a secret. To that end he has been consistent even when his form has not been (or it has, except it's consistently bang average like the rest of the team).

My take on it is that he had a plan to play out his contract, continue his form and see where he was at the end of this season. He underestimated how mentally he could handle it and he ballsed it up. He thought he could cope and carry on but turns out he couldn't. This isn't the first interview from Ryan this season where he has mentioned his mental state.

If we get relegated this season it's not because of Ryan Fraser and his contract. It's because we had 25 players who were either not fit enough or not good enough. In any case between the hours of 3pm and 4:45pm on Saturday every single stupid, useless, lazy one of them will have my full support.

Edit to add: This version of the same story makes it sound like a more positive version, maybe more in line with what SolentKris was saying in his last tweet: https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...s-Ryan-Fraser-Bournemouth-Premier-League-News

They are aware of it and have not been afraid to address it. I don't know who on here hangs out where with whom but some might have been in the room after Brighton where Rambo said "....and wee man showed us what he can do. finally. It's taken him long enough....." or words to that effect.

Ryan is 25. I'm glad everyone on here was so wise at 25. I'm massively biased towards the wee lad and have been fortunate enough to spend time in his company. He's a good lad and it's obvious that things haven't worked out for him this season. He hasn't changed his stance one bit from this time last year where he gave the same line: I'll be a Bournemouth player next season and beyond that we'll see. I've got targets to hit and I want to hit them. His stance hasn't changed and hasn't been a secret. To that end he has been consistent even when his form has not been (or it has, except it's consistently bang average like the rest of the team).

My take on it is that he had a plan to play out his contract, continue his form and see where he was at the end of this season. He underestimated how mentally he could handle it and he ballsed it up. He thought he could cope and carry on but turns out he couldn't. This isn't the first interview from Ryan this season where he has mentioned his mental state.

If we get relegated this season it's not because of Ryan Fraser and his contract. It's because we had 25 players who were either not fit enough or not good enough. In any case between the hours of 3pm and 4:45pm on Saturday every single stupid, useless, lazy one of them will have my full support.

Edit to add: This version of the same story makes it sound like a more positive version, maybe more in line with what SolentKris was saying in his last tweet: https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...s-Ryan-Fraser-Bournemouth-Premier-League-News
I’m sorry I know that you’re biased which is fine but he absolutely does not deserve to be defended. I am 27 and a support worker on not much more than minimum wage, if I decided to start slacking off and not putting in any effort then I would lose my job and rightly so. Do I always enjoy what I do? No. But do I always have to do my very best? Yes. If Ryan’s mental health was genuinely so much of an issue then he should and would have been removed from the situation to deal with this in his own time, I really believe that EH would ensure that the correct support was in place for this to happen. I’m sorry but I don’t buy this whole ‘woe is me’ bs. He is just a spoilt little brat with delusions of grandeur and absolutely no thought for anybody other than himself.

;