The wee turd.

Same thing happened at Mansfield away in the early eighties,it started raining so they moved us from the open end to the side stand,though locals were not happy as it included two coach lads of drunk,Central Bars lads

He joined Jeff Hayward and @Neil Dawson in a very frank chat, chatting about his career at AFCB and beyond, plus... he told us how he’d deal with today’s want-away players. Not exactly backwards in coming forwards, but I loved recording this one - a really enjoyable hour or so. Some cracking stories, one of which includes his legendary heading of a cricket ball for a bit of extra cash... as you do.

What a fantastic interview, a real character . I wish there was players like him today who gave there all. I had the pleasure of meeting Tommy when I worked at Creeech manor owned by Norman Haywood. He is a man that I love to watch playing, a true Professional no ifs or buts. A real mans man.

Apologies if we already have a thread on this. Very disappointed in Ryan’s stance which has just been confirmed. I understand the desire to play at a higher level but if I was in his position I would do everything I could to keep my team up before leaving on good terms. Just remember the journey you’ve been on Ryan and who gave you that opportunity. I wouldn’t have him in my squad now for Sat. Let’s go for Brooksy and H.Wilson.

Apologies if we already have a thread on this. Very disappointed in Ryan’s stance which has just been confirmed. I understand the desire to play at a higher level but if I was in his position I would do everything I could to keep my team up before leaving on good terms. Just remember the journey you’ve been on Ryan and who gave you that opportunity. I wouldn’t have him in my squad now for Sat. Let’s go for Brooksy and H.Wilson.
Go on people, keep trying to defend him. Guy is an absolute snake.

‘Falls over in shock’ at the news. ;)

I’m not sure defending him or attacking him are the right terms...

My disappointment with Ryan came from his lack of effort in the season. Had Brooks and Danjuma stayed fit I don’t think we would have seen much of him anyway. That bit it’s hard to forgive him for.

Im not so disappointed with this new bit as I kind of get it. His contract is finished now. He has decided not to sign a temporary new one because if he gets injured he may have no income post August. He is not a fan of the club he has a transactional business contract with us. I think most of us would put our families and livelihood first in this instance.

My disappointment with Ryan came from his lack of effort in the season. Had Brooks and Danjuma stayed fit I don’t think we would have seen much of him anyway. That bit it’s hard to forgive him for.

Im not so disappointed with this new bit as I kind of get it. His contract is finished now. He has decided not to sign a temporary new one because if he gets injured he may have no income post August. He is not a fan of the club he has a transactional business contract with us. I think most of us would put our families and livelihood first in this instance.

Exactly this - it's his attitude across all of this season that leaves a sour taste - but can't blame any player who player who doesn't want to sign an extension at the minute. Short term contracts put all the risk on the player.

I'd be happy for Eddie to play him if he feels he's the best option. If he happens to get injured..... oh dear

:rofl:

I agree with pretty much all of this. Disappointment is my strongest emotion.

Yes, he does have only an employment contract with us. However, morally he broke that contract for much of the season by not putting in his shift. In any other job he would have been given warnings and then shown the door.

By playing professional football, you also agree to implied contract terms. You have to care, not only for yourself, but for your team mates, about getting results for the club and to empathise to some extent with the supporters.

The whole past 12 months has been very sad. Usually I wish players well when they leave us, but in this case, I am rather reluctant to do so.

Fraser isn't the Wee Man anymore, just another journeyman footballer.

Last edited:

;