Thierry Henry

...must admit though the worst kept secrets often come true...so I am expecting Henry to be appointed in the next week...might as well as we are struggling at the moment 6th in The Championship and QF of The FA Cup?????

Not sure what will happen under the frenchman but just hope that we keep Woody on as back up (and defensive coach!)

Let's be honest TH will have many connections in the game and would probably attract players to us?

How long before we see other gallic persons on board...

Hard to reconcile the reports in some media inc bbc that Henry impressed the afcb board with the claim haven’t approached his club to seek permission to speak. That is a wide spectrum of story

Please please not Theirry Henry , poor record as manager so far we will end up on the manager merry go round , 6 months time ,new manager

I’m also allowing myself to be a bit seduced by the idea.

for me it's the polar opposite
can't see any logic in appointing someone with little managerial experience and zero experience of the division
he'll insist on his own backroom team so the financial cost will be astronomical, and we'll lose woodgate and purchese

I can only think this is max wanting a final moment in the sun with the football glitterati before handing back the keys

look at what neanderthal uncle mick is doing at cardiff, wouldn't it be ironic if they pipped us to the final playoff spot?

JW has steadied the ship, albeit at the expense up till now of scintillating attacking play (although to be fair he has said that he would like to see us playing like that).
Another upheaval caused by someone new with completely different ideas and approach (and a poor managerial track record) coming in at this crucial stage of the season is the last thing the Club needs now.

Jumping on board with your allow-myself-to-be-seduced-by-the-idea philosophy...

How do we know he hasn't been "studying the Championship?" It could be that he wants to manage in English football at some point in the future and he recognised that his best way in is through the Championship, and so has spent time studying the league and players. This could be part of what impressed the board?

Hard to reconcile the reports in some media inc bbc that Henry impressed the afcb board with the claim haven’t approached his club to seek permission to speak. That is a wide spectrum of story

On these varying reports, could one explanation be that he applied for the job, had an interview, the board liked what they heard and now they need to officially contact Montreal to be allowed to officially speak to him re. agreeing a contract? I'm not sure how things work in this field, but in other professions people go off and interview elsewhere all the time before bringing it up with current employers.

CAVEAT: I know nothing and am reaaally clutching at straws.

JW has steadied the ship, albeit at the expense up till now of scintillating attacking play (although to be fair he has said that he would like to see us playing like that).
Another upheaval caused by someone new with completely different ideas and approach (and a poor managerial track record) coming in at this crucial stage of the season is the last thing the Club needs now.

The exact same thing was being said in September about Tindall.

At some point a longer term view has to be taken?

So what do the board know that these ‘experts’ like on TS etc and others don’t that have put Henry at the front of the ’queue’?

Not quite the same as the Celtic situation as they still have a manager, but not long ago Eddie Howe was 1/10 to take the job and was travelling up to Glasgow to take the job at any moment If you believed the reports/speculation.

Now a week or two or more later nothing has changed at Celtic, except Rafa Benitez went to the top of the odds above Eddie.

At AFCB we have a temporary manager and in the head of the queue at one time was John Terry, again odds on favourite, he seemed to drop down the betting and we had David Wagner as odds on favourite.

Now out of the blue another name has flown ahead of everyone one and is odds on favourite, will Henry get the job or will he be like Eddie still waiting in a week or two?

;