Thierry Henry

It probably aint gonna be La' Onri
..so best us Cherries climb down from the Eiffle Tower...leave that to the semolina pilchards...and drag up all the usual hackneyed runners and riders...give em a comprehensive dressing up or down...leave out Pulis..we all know that stuff by now!

Hey, Id fookin curl up if we went for Dyche..
Imagine the Meltdown ..dismantle the Peirs...and dye yer beards ginger ..Holy Barmcakes- wouldn't that light the gas !
I'm not sure that Thatcher would ever have imagined her care in the community policy would turn out to be so entertaining - keep it coming Brian!

Indeed, this is a Las Vegas style gamble.

No safe bet guarantees success either.
No guarantee but you can change the odds more in your favour. Thus two decent results for woodgate vs qpr and Cardiff I would keep him until end of season

Two train of thoughts with it really for me.

Not enamoured by any of the linked names.

So why not get excited by a wildcard option?

If we can’t get excited by our football club then what’s the point? Sure there’s often plenty to moan about off the pitch down the years, but if we can’t enjoy “the team”, why do it?!

If he was coming straight to us following a stint with Arsenal youth set up and a third place World Cup medal as a coach for Belgium...

...Saying stuff like he does as he’s learned from Arsene Wenger and Pep, staunch philosophy and identity for wanting to improve with every coaching session and every match. Clearly a modern day philosophy to the game, he’s not going to want XI behind the ball and playing negative dull football. I think there would be a more positive reaction.

But instead he’s had two seasons in football, one with a bit of a basket case of a club in France and the other a Canadian MLS club?! Since when did we pay much attention to that Mickey Mouse league? It’s a league that Bradley Wright-Phillips holds records in...

With sincere apologies to Brents Goulet (imitation and flattery!) here's a positive take... not sure I subscribe to all this myself so don't get personal with the come-backs! Looks like it's going to happen so reasons to be cheerful...

1. As others have said it suggests Max has succeeded in having his financial status ratified by Al and northstandchat. Seriously, he must want to give it a go.

2. Henry's appointment may steady the potential exodus for another season - a genuine go at keeping the squad together before parachute payments run out - and pay their wages. This season looks like play-offs at best, so perhaps an 18 month plan at getting back.

3. A Pearsonesque appointment would certainly rattle cages - arguably too much - Henry potentially has the clout to be firm without being a bully and, you'd think, can manage some egos.

4. As DJ says he'll play football... "Thierry Henry plays the Bournemouth Way" :grinning: If he can't get a tune out of Danjuma, Brooks and the whole misfiring frontline they might as well give up.

5. Recruitment shouldn't be difficult.

6. Every possible option is flawed anyway - there's always a disaster on the CV or no CV at all.

7. Jack Wilshere will be captain.

8. Sky Sports keep Mark McAdam in a portacabin in the carpark for two years.

Look... it's a gamble, of course it is... a huge one. Please don't quote this back at me when Pulis is trying to keep us up in league one. I simply don't know how Henry works out the Championship (eg Mick McCarthy next week!) and I'd love to see Woodgate kept on to help (pretty unlikely) but it looks like it's the way we're going...
Buckle up!!:smoke:

We read lots of comments in the media re Henry and people who would be better suited to the job after his record at two previous clubs.

The same can be said for this forum, but it would be interesting to know what our players think about Henry being in charge.

You might get the comments we are just concentrating on the next game, but there has been so much speculation that he has been given the job, the club want to speak to his club for permission to interview Henry, the players must also be seeing and hearing all this.

Then the comments he is not the right person for the job with his track record at his other clubs so far as manager, does that breed confidence?

We have two tough games against sides that are in form again and those two performances by our team will give us an idea if it has affected their game with what is going on around them.

"Fans moaning about world up winning legend, all time great winner of just about everything becoming next manager.

Wonder all those years ago , if Preston fans thought that when Bobby Charlton became manager ?
:ROFLMAO:
That was exactly the example that sprang to my mind too t.i.k. when our interest in TH was first revealed and has led to my having reservations about the wisdom of employing him.
There are strong parallels between Bobby Charlton and TH - both amongst the greatest of their generation who won everything as players with great style and incredible skill.
BC was probably tempermentally unsuited to management for a number of reasons, some of which might not apply to TH, but his biggest problem at Preston was having to create a winning team using players of much lesser footballing ability than he possessed, and who, try as they might, struggled to master skills that came naturally and effortlessly to him; a truly great player finding it hard to relate to players of lesser talent.
There are some good anecdotes on this aspect of his management during his time at Preston from Ray Treacy and Mark Lawrenson in Leo McKinstry's biography of the Charlton brothers, "Jack and Bobby" (pp 297-306).
Reading the ESPN article posted by DJ it does seem likely that TH would encounter similar problems with some of our players should he get the job, and for every one that would be inspired by him there is probably another who would be intimidated by his reputation and personality.
However, as Rob and rgb have posted, despite these misgivings, I'm sure that all of us would be rooting for TH if he is appointed and be only too happy to be proved wrong and eat humble pie if he manages to get us promoted at the end of the season.

TH should have some interesting press conferences if he should get the job. Will he try to sell everyone a car like he does in the adverts, or talk about how we're unbeaten for the rest of the season under him. (Tablets please nurse!)

There always seems to be plenty of intel on player contracts and when they run out.

Without knowing the terms of all the backroom staff it's hard to predict the set up. Why pay off people that might have 3 months left on their deal if you might as might as well make them work that same notice. I.e if it costs the same to get rid of Woodgate as keep him, then he may as well stay as part of the team as a first team coach as originally planned.

TH has a few quid, so he might just be bright enough not to reduce his own player budget for next season by over doing his own demands. It's in his interests to take a modest (relative to PL managers) salary, improve the squad and use us as a stepping stone to a more lucrative deal and the extra personal sponsorship deals.

Don't get me on Thatcher..I couldn't stand the bitch...I was almost kicked out the Navy with my comments about her..it certainly cost me my promotion to Chief.( I supported the Miners )
I had stickers supportive of the miners on my work diary, I worked in schools in Poole, for some strange looks. I got them while in London but locally it was a mystery.

:eek!::surrender:

There should be some kind of advisory notice needed before posting all those names in one place.

What's wrong with Neil Warnock? (besides the fact that he's Middlesbrough's manager - LOL!).

He's an expert at getting teams promoted from the Championship to the Prem. Wiki says he has got promotion 8 times!

As an aside, I don't care what style of football we play for the rest of this season as long as we go back up!

I had stickers supportive of the miners on my work diary, I worked in schools in Poole, for some strange looks. I got them while in London but locally it was a mystery.
My cricket team lost out that year because the majority of our players were police and served up there, incidentally, exactly where I shop now, so we certainly knew all about it.

Woodgate? Please NO. Yesterday's dismal affair was the last straw. Dreadful team selection, near-collapse towards the end of the game, no passion and fight. If we can't have Henry get Wagner or try Pearson - our squad needs rockets up them. This is a looming crisis.

;