Thierry Henry

So JW gets us promoted and then gets replaced by a Premiership (don't say it, I'm only quoting) manager.
Well that's not going to happen.
It's almost like no one has considered the possibility that we hire JW until the end of the season and we don't get promoted!....what sort of manager would we be getting then? ......exactly Johnathan Woodgate!......we'd be stuck in mid table with a bunch of average players playing hoofball.
We'll never be more attractive to a quality manager as we are now ......in the play offs with a group of ex PL players who are under performing....it's almost the perfect scenario for that up and coming manager.

It's almost like no one has considered the possibility that we hire JW until the end of the season and we don't get promoted!....what sort of manager would we be getting then? ......exactly Johnathan Woodgate!......we'd be stuck in mid table with a bunch of average players playing hoofball.
We'll never be more attractive to a quality manager as we are now ......in the play offs with a group of ex PL players who are under performing....it's almost the perfect scenario for that up and coming manager.

exactly, that's why I didn't agree with the give tindall time option (or even giving him the job in the first place, so frustrating, a monumental mistake imo), and now waiting until summer before appointing.

need to aim for promotion this season as I envisage it only getting tougher each year if we don;t go up.

exactly, that's why I didn't agree with the give tindall time option (or even giving him the job in the first place, so frustrating, a monumental mistake imo), and now waiting until summer before appointing.

need to aim for promotion this season as I envisage it only getting tougher each year if we don;t go up.
Yeah i get that......but my worry was always who our board would get to replace JT....,..at least were not looking at the same old names though i suppose so i have to give them credit for that.

I also liked the comments about the MLS and it’s bizarre set up. Highlights why you can’t really take much notice of the majority of the results as the “regular season” is pretty pointless.

When the majority of the season is a waste of time how can you judge him by his results record. Ignoring the kind of players he’s actually working with and coaching and trying to get the best out of.

In a way it’s akin to judging someone in charge of our development squad with zero competitive structure other than the odd cup game.
I see you are getting more swayed by Henry's appointment as each day goes by..........;)

I also liked the comments about the MLS and it’s bizarre set up. Highlights why you can’t really take much notice of the majority of the results as the “regular season” is pretty pointless.

When the majority of the season is a waste of time how can you judge him by his results record. Ignoring the kind of players he’s actually working with and coaching and trying to get the best out of.

In a way it’s akin to judging someone in charge of our development squad with zero competitive structure other than the odd cup game.

Maybe that’s his level - there is a reason he is in that league rather than a top league in Europe

So let’s get this straight.
Why do we want Thierry?
1. He’s on telly a lot
2. Va va voom
3. He has a certain je ne sais quois
4. He used to be a great player
5. More va va voom
6. Women find him attractive
7. Errrrrrrrr
8. That’s
9. It
Plenty of excellent reasons in my book.....sign him up!

I see you are getting more swayed by Henry's appointment as each day goes by..........;)

Two train of thoughts with it really for me.

Not enamoured by any of the linked names.

So why not get excited by a wildcard option?

If we can’t get excited by our football club then what’s the point? Sure there’s often plenty to moan about off the pitch down the years, but if we can’t enjoy “the team”, why do it?!

If he was coming straight to us following a stint with Arsenal youth set up and a third place World Cup medal as a coach for Belgium...

...Saying stuff like he does as he’s learned from Arsene Wenger and Pep, staunch philosophy and identity for wanting to improve with every coaching session and every match. Clearly a modern day philosophy to the game, he’s not going to want XI behind the ball and playing negative dull football. I think there would be a more positive reaction.

But instead he’s had two seasons in football, one with a bit of a basket case of a club in France and the other a Canadian MLS club?! Since when did we pay much attention to that Mickey Mouse league? It’s a league that Bradley Wright-Phillips holds records in...

If Henry comes, he'll be gone within a year I reckon. Maybe just a bit longer if a miracle occurred and we were promoted.

I'm happy for Woody to get the job full time - however I reserve my right to change my mind at the end of todays game - LOL!

If Henry is appointed then I think he has every incentive to do well with us as he might see us as a stepping stone for the Arsenal managers job, if and when that becomes available!

100%.

These “up and coming”?’manager need to be given an opportunity at some stage. Gerrard went straight into Rangers, Lampard did “okay” and I’m sure most of us would have had him.

Henry must be confident in his own ability and wouldn’t take the job if he didn’t think he could do well. The easy option is staying in the MLS.

IF, it does happen, let’s think positive. Our forward players must be jumping at the chance to play for one of the best players to ever play in this country.

There is no such thing as an “experienced” championship manager. I’m not sure there’s many managers who have been promoted from the Champ, who have gone on for successful careers elsewhere in the last 5 years?

We need to start somewhere!

UTCIAD
Unfortunately the experienced championship managers list looks something like;
Mark Hughes
Neil Warnock
Steve Bruce
Alan Pardew
Mick Mccarthy
Tony Pulis

Maybe and maybe Eddie Howe’s level is the third and fourth tier because he had a non eventful time in the championship with Burnley and that’s why he dropped down to come back to us...

Fair challenge but less downside to getting it wrong when in L1 when Eddie returned whereas now we are in a play off place to go back to the prem with a chance to prevent financial meltdown.

Also it seems he tries to play good quality technical football with some awful players, no compromises.
I'd imagine pep would have a rubbish win % if he first tried to play his style in League 2

It probably aint gonna be La' Onri
..so best us Cherries climb down from the Eiffle Tower...leave that to the semolina pilchards...and drag up all the usual hackneyed runners and riders...give em a comprehensive dressing up or down...leave out Pulis..we all know that stuff by now!

Hey, Id fookin curl up if we went for Dyche..
Imagine the Meltdown ..dismantle the Peirs...and dye yer beards ginger ..Holy Barmcakes- wouldn't that light the gas !

;