This seasons loans…

I've wondered the same thing about Laird but thinking about it, the club was damned if they do, damned if they don't. If Smith doesn't come back when expected or experiences a flare up and we haven't signed a RB then everyone would be giving them pelters for not bringing in an option since we knew there was a problem. As it is, Smith is fit and firing so they're criticised the other way.

I know why the club signed Woodman and it makes sense from our perspective. I've no idea why he agreed to come though.

For Davis, there isn't necessarily a recall clause for Leeds. I don't remember it being reported they had one but may have missed it. Again, makes sense for us to keep him as any injury to Zemura and he's needed.

Rogers made sense on paper but bombed. It can happen.

Cantwell will have a big part to play in the weeks ahead still. I can still see that one becoming permanent. He's just being kept out by players in very good form but rotation will bring him back soon.

The one I don't understand is Phillips. He seems nice enough. Fair quality. Nothing that we couldn't have got from S Cook though, and given the loan fee SC was cheaper so it wasn't a monetary thing.

ref Davis I’m only basing it on an interview Parker said in January where he said he could understand if Leeds and Man City recalled Davis and Rogers respectively.

;