Thoughts on the match v Derby

I was very impressed by the Derby fans. Hardly stopped singing all game and was especially impressive when both sides of us got going. I think it had the effect of stopping us from singing at times as we couldn't be heard. Certainly the best atmosphere I've experienced in a while

Always an excellent atmosphere there, them and Forest often come top in best atmospheres when voted by other fans. It was louder when we lost their in our championship season. Not a happy hunting ground for us id imagine. Seen us lose there and the baseball ground every time I’ve been for sure.

At the time I thought their first goal resulted from a corner but it should have been a goal kick ?

Also "offside" by the left winger before the resultant penalty ?

Nobody else ?

...we can dissect the game till the cows come home, but simply we made two awful errors for two of their goals and poor marking for the first, at the other end we failed to take some gilt edged chances...that happens to the best of them during a season!...Derby certainly worked harder than us over the 90 minutes and for them to come back from 1-2 was a good effort...I would say that with Smith and Kelly in the side we win this game comfortably...

At the time I thought their first goal resulted from a corner but it should have been a goal kick ?

Also "offside" by the left winger before the resultant penalty ?

Nobody else ?
With VAR doing the 'offside by a toenail' there's every chance the 3rd never gets to a penalty as it certainly looked dodgy, but that's the Championship.

Watching some of the match back last night, it was good to hear the Sky commentator pay tribute to Nonny just before kick off ( also to see Pauline from the coaches there, after the week she had )

Always an excellent atmosphere there, them and Forest often come top in best atmospheres when voted by other fans. It was louder when we lost their in our championship season. Not a happy hunting ground for us id imagine. Seen us lose there and the baseball ground every time I’ve been for sure.
Remember seeing one win at their former ground. A Kenny Burns own goal, Savage and Thompson.

I want to love Meps, I really do. He's a lovely lad, and obviously a capable footballer. However, he has made quite a few boo-boos, so the onus is on him to reassure & convince me he is safe..... and to be honest, I'm not there yet. Simple misplaced passes from the back, and just that little bit too slow in decision making at the back sometimes - unnerving. Its crossed my mind that actually he doesnt suit our style - I could see him blossoming in a more traditional defence with one of the dinosaur managers. Here's hoping it all works out.

Hi Rob I have continually thought Meps is too slow, he gave away a pen against Watford which cost us promotion last season and I just can't forgive him for that. Maybe SP doesn't thinks he has any alternative but I can't wait for Jordan Zemura to return, he and Jaidon Anthony really set our team alight earlier this year and were feared by our opponents.
Bet of luck to the lads for this evening, I hope we can play Adam Smith.
UTC

Hi Rob I have continually thought Meps is too slow, he gave away a pen against Watford which cost us promotion last season and I just can't forgive him for that. Maybe SP doesn't thinks he has any alternative but I can't wait for Jordan Zemura to return, he and Jaidon Anthony really set our team alight earlier this year and were feared by our opponents.
Bet of luck to the lads for this evening, I hope we can play Adam Smith.

How can you say a penalty against Watford cost us Promotion?
I can’t say I even remember that incident.
A combination of events cost us promotion.
UTC

Hi Rob I have continually thought Meps is too slow, he gave away a pen against Watford which cost us promotion last season

I’m just going to politely point out that he didn’t give away a penalty against Watford. In fact the only game he played against Watford he scored a last minute equaliser in.

You are probably referring to his sending off against Brentford in the play-offs.

I’m just going to politely point out that he didn’t give away a penalty against Watford. In fact the only game he played against Watford he scored a last minute equaliser in.

You are probably referring to his sending off against Brentford in the play-offs.
But the point that he can't forgive him for conceding the penalty against Watford still stands, since you can't forgive somebody for something they didn't do !
:p

;