Thoughts v Blackpool

Joint best defence and 2nd top scorers...Parker can't be getting much wrong.
Next week we have Steve Cook and maybe Grabban and Surridge to deal with...three players who I think could walk into our team with ease..

I'll take it but somehow doesn't feel fair for Blackpool. That was an awful, awful performance and on another day we could have lost by 3 goals.

Kudos to Travers for an excellent display, and the team in stoppage time for trying to win. But please, SP, i don't want to see that again.
Oooooh careful!

So many thoughts racing around my head after that game:

Firstly, Dembele was an absolute joy to watch. How refreshing is it to see an attacking player who actually takes risks!! He may lose the ball on occasion but you know what, that is fine! He is constantly looking to attack his opponent and look to make something happen. It’s very easy to defend when it’s just pass, pass, pass. When you’ve got a player like this who will run with the ball it opens up completely new passing angles and opportunities. He could quite honestly be are most important player for the rest of the season.

Secondly, Mark Travers is an absolute monster. He is easily the best keeper in the league and without him we don’t even get a point today. He is going right to the very very top.

Thirdly, we actually looked like a better team today when our supposed star players were replaced/moved. We instantly looked a better side without Billing on the pitch, and Davis looked a lot more of an effective outlet than Zemura, even in his limited time on the pitch. I’d start both vs Forest. We looked a lot more threatening when Lowe was leading the line and Solanke moved to play deeper. We also looked better without Stacy on the pitch, even with Anthony playing out of position. Perhaps goes to show that our play had become pretty stale. You may argue that their impact can be attributed to the period of the game, but how often have we looked threatening this season chasing a game? This is honestly the first time that I can remember us actually having sustained pressure at the end of the game, clearly something worked today when the changes were made.

Billing is a bit nonchalant, but with Lerma out for 3 more games and the rest of the midfielders being 5 foot 8 on average, Billing will be nailed on for the next 3 games, simply because of his height.

Reactions: drd
For 80 minutes we made an average team look good.

Well played Travers. He kept us in it.

Can we cut out this sidewards passing between our defenders and get players to press the opposition back four like we did in the last ten minutes.

Joint best defence and 2nd top scorers...Parker can't be getting much wrong.
Next week we have Steve Cook and maybe Grabban and Surridge to deal with...three players who I think could walk into our team with ease..

walk in with ease? 2 of them couldn;t even get into the team in recent times, lol.

So on reflection a few hours after the result. All the negativity before and during the game about us being boring and not entertaining, anyone feel they weren't entertained today? Surely up there with our big come backs?

So on reflection a few hours after the result. All the negativity before and during the game about us being boring and not entertaining, anyone feel they weren't entertained today? Surely up there with our big come backs?
Reality is that we were poor for large spells of the game, the moment we changed formation and got an extra striker on we looked a lot better though. Having two up top makes a massive difference to us.

Reality is that we were poor for large spells of the game, the moment we changed formation and got an extra striker on we looked a lot better though. Having two up top makes a massive difference to us.
Isn't that what managers are paid for, to make changes, bring subs on and turn things around

Isn't that what managers are paid for, to make changes, bring subs on and turn things around
Managers are paid to get the best out of the players at their disposal, obviously. Right now Scott Parker’s preferred formation (which he seems to religiously stick to) is not doing that more often than not, that is a reality. He made changes which impacted the game in our favour today, fair play to him for that, you are absolutely right that he deserves credit for this. However, he will without doubt revert back to his 4-3-3 again for the next game and we will encounter the same problems yet again. The 4-3-3 is not working and he keeps persisting with it, for this he deserves criticism.

Managers are paid to get the best out of the players at their disposal, obviously. Right now Scott Parker’s preferred formation (which he seems to religiously stick to) is not doing that more often than not, that is a reality. He made changes which impacted the game in our favour today, fair play to him for that, you are absolutely right that he deserves credit for this. However, he will without doubt revert back to his 4-3-3 again for the next game and we will encounter the same problems yet again. The 4-3-3 is not working and he keeps persisting with it, for this he deserves criticism.
3 consective wins in the league, hmm not sure what's not working

;