Thoughts v Brum

I remember getting loads of grief on here for suggesting that it wasn't very good when Jeff volleyed the ball into his own goal against Arsenal. The idea is to keep the ball put of the net so if you try to clear it and it goes in the top corner then that is sh*t play in my view.

I don't think Philips should be dropped or anything but if you go to block the ball you need to get more on it than that.
I get what you are saying but it’s fine margin.

I wouldn’t want to take that Lerma own goal away from the viewing public though. It was majestic. The ultimate WTAF thunderbolt.

Travers 9
Stacey 8
Phillips 8
Kelly. 8
Christie 8
Lerma 4
Billing 6
Cantwell 7
Anthony 7
Solanke 8

Cook 7
Moore 6
Dembele 6

If you're right, then that's just terrible refereeing. (I know you're speculating). So, because he can't be bothered to do 2 yellows, Lerma's banned for 3 games instead of 1? I think that's how it would work with the 2 yellows.
It's worse than that - it's an automatic 4-match ban for a second red card.

Sunday was worthy of bedwetting Erik.

String a few results together and it will give the fans some optimism, dont you think?

We did lose to Boreham Wood.

Parker said in one of his post match interviews that it was definitely a red from the tackle, and not anything else… I have to admit, from watching on TV last night my first reaction was “he’s off”…

Not sure about the 1 game, 3 games or 4 games… but he needs to sort his head out… Lerma is a great player but he’s fast getting himself in a position where managers simply won’t want him on the pitch… If it’s a 4 game ban he’ll effectively have missed almost quarter of the season through suspension…

Like I said, I like the guy but his inability to control himself and his antics whilst screaming and rolling around are beginning to make me wonder if we’d be better off without him… Harsh maybe, but it’s reality…

I think a lot of the issues on Sunday would have been overlooked if we were on a good run in the league. Instead, until last night, it was 15 points from a possible 39 since the start of Nov. For a side chasing automatic promotion that's a long run of poor form and amplified the reaction to a shocking team selection and performance in the cup.

Last night seemed a step back in the right direction. Let's hope we follow it up on Saturday.

Parker said in one of his post match interviews that it was definitely a red from the tackle, and not anything else… I have to admit, from watching on TV last night my first reaction was “he’s off”…

Not sure about the 1 game, 3 games or 4 games… but he needs to sort his head out… Lerma is a great player but he’s fast getting himself in a position where managers simply won’t want him on the pitch… If it’s a 4 game ban he’ll effectively have missed almost quarter of the season through suspension…

Like I said, I like the guy but his inability to control himself and his antics whilst screaming and rolling around are beginning to make me wonder if we’d be better off without him… Harsh maybe, but it’s reality…

I think Lerma has a reputation that he may well play up to now.

A bit like Arter.

These types of player are hard to manage.

Lerma will be a massive loss for the team as we do better with him than without him, even so far as to say results suffer when he isnt playing.

Thought Lewis Cook did well when he came on.

Thought Cantwell was very good up until the substation. Christie also looked bright.

Hard to single out any of the other players really a decent all round performance. Travers absolutely phenomenal

I think Lerma has a reputation that he may well play up to now.

A bit like Arter.

These types of player are hard to manage.

Lerma will be a massive loss for the team as we do better with him than without him, even so far as to say results suffer when he isnt playing.

I’d be interested to see a comparison of stats between the likes of Lerma and Pearson for example… I agree that Lerma is probably the better all round holding midfielder but his passing last night was very questionable… Pearson is equally everywhere, when played in the right formation and with the right players alongside him (not Cook and Kilkenny), and could probably do just as good a job for us in Lerma’s role…

I’d be interested to see a comparison of stats between the likes of Lerma and Pearson for example… I agree that Lerma is probably the better all round holding midfielder but his passing last night was very questionable… Pearson is equally everywhere, when played in the right formation and with the right players alongside him (not Cook and Kilkenny), and could probably do just as good a job for us in Lerma’s role…

Big difference though is Lerma can hang in the air for an age and win headers, which is a big part of winning a midfield battle.

This is absolutely not a part of Pearsons game, and why Lerma doesnt have a similar replacement in the squad.

;