Thoughts v Brum

Best home atmosphere for a long while

North and South stand in good voice - really got the players going and Parker even praised us in his post-match interview.

Let's hope we can recreate that for the coming matches (especially with our next home game being a Friday night under the lights).

Always nice to hear a Rantie chant too :sneaky:

I was a little worried about Dembele, I realise this may be harsh critique on debut and we just go down to 10 men.

When down to 10 everyone needs to put in a shift but he didn't seem to defend at all, and they got in so many crosses with JZ overloaded. Often saw Solanke/Cook over there having to try and cover.

In fairness he showed some good stuff with the ball at his feet, and off the ball can improve.

I was a little worried about Dembele, I realise this may be harsh critique on debut and we just go down to 10 men.

When down to 10 everyone needs to put in a shift but he didn't seem to defend at all, and they got in so many crosses with JZ overloaded. Often saw Solanke/Cook over there having to try and cover.

In fairness he showed some good stuff with the ball at his feet, and off the ball can improve.

I thought he looked out of his depth for the first few minutes but without a doubt grew as the final minutes ticked on. Ended the match wishing we could have seen more of him.

I have to disagree, I thought he battled for the ball consistently while he was on the pitch and also showed some good ball skills.

Hopefully we won't need to force Dembele to play wing back too often! Definitely got some pace and tricks. Hopefully we'll see him counter attacking from the front in the near future.

;