Thoughts v Cardiff

CCV is better than Cahill at this stage of his career? I’m assuming you’ve worded that really poorly or you’ve completely lost the plot and no this can’t be your usual response of ‘opinions’ - CCV hasn’t been rated in the PL or won any top honours at this stage of his career. He’s an excellent defender, I was disappointed when we didn’t sign him permanently but Cahill for his experience alone is paying dividends not to mention by age 24 Cahill had won numerous honours, England caps and was established as one of the best defenders in the PL.
I meant that CCV is better than Cahill while Cahill is at this stage of his career, obviously prime Cahill is superior.

Well, ordinarily it isn't but your comments on Begovic were typically extreme and therefore it makes you look a bit silly now you're singing his praises.

But it's true, it's fine to change your opinion. Out of interest your opinion before this season was that were much weaker in the goalkeeper position than when we had Begovic. At the time I probably agreed but now I think we we're wrong. Do you agree?
I think Travers has done very well but he hasn’t hit the levels Begovic was at last season, no shame in that though.

No he isn’t. End of. Putting end of at the end of a sentence doesn’t make it fact. In my opinion he isn’t.

Based on what though? It’s great having differing opinions but you have no substance you’re just throwing statements out there to get a reaction.

Perhaps a check of Cahills career would help you, we are talking about one of the most successful English defenders the PL has ever seen.

End of.

I think Blandford has just crushed that claim.
No he hasn’t. Cahill has obviously regressed quite substantially from the player he was in his prime. Listing off all of his achievements from years ago proves nothing. In his prime of course he was better.

Based on what though? It’s great having differing opinions but you have no substance you’re just throwing statements out there to get a reaction.
Based on watching them both play. What do you think I’m basing it on? Why do I have to justify every opinion? I’ve seen them both play and I think CCV is better! That’s it!

No he hasn’t. Cahill has obviously regressed quite substantially from the player he was in his prime. Listing off all of his achievements from years ago proves nothing. In his prime of course he was better.

Which is why he had numerous offers from PL clubs but wanted a different challenge? Have you even watched him play. He reads the game exceptionally well. Absolutely fantastic player 36 or not.

Which is why he had numerous offers from PL clubs but wanted a different challenge? Have you even watched him play. He reads the game exceptionally well. Absolutely fantastic player 36 or not.
He’s still a good defender at this level no doubt, we are lucky to have him. CCV in my opinion was just one of the most complete defenders I’ve seen at this level, he had it all, pace, strength, read the game superbly and good in the air. Why is it such an issue that I rate him as the better player? Believe it or not your opinion is worth no more than mine or anybody else’s, you talk as though it is, but it isn’t.

He’s still a good defender at this level no doubt, we are lucky to have him. CCV in my opinion was just one of the most complete defenders I’ve seen at this level, he had it all, pace, strength, read the game superbly and good in the air. Why is it such an issue that I rate him as the better player? Believe it or not your opinion is worth no more than mine or anybody else’s, you talk as though it is, but it isn’t.

I didn’t see CCV play in the flesh. I only got to the Wycombe game last December due to behind closed doors and he was injured so I’m relying on TV to base my judgements on him and he was brilliant. BUT seeing Cahill week in week out in stadiums is a much more composed, better, all round defender who reads the game exceptionally well and his career backs that up and as I said before, his career at 24 at the same stage CCV is at also more than backs that up.

I didn’t see CCV play in the flesh, did you?
Is that really the angle you are going to go with? I only watched him on a screen so I can’t judge him as a player? I did watch him play live once actually against Brentford, and he was imperious. Very surprised you weren’t at the game, given the high and mighty condescending nature you take I would have assumed that somebody as important as you would have been sat in the executive box, courtesy of the club.

Your opinion is of course yours, but blimey CcV is better than Cahill, cahill now, I think your very wrong, very wrong, were Premier league jumping to sign ccv?

I didn’t see CCV play in the flesh. I only got to the Wycombe game last December due to behind closed doors and he was injured so I’m relying on TV to base my judgements on him and he was brilliant. BUT seeing Cahill week in week out in stadiums is a much more composed, better, all round defender who reads the game exceptionally well and his career backs that up and as I said before, his career at 24 at the same stage CCV is at also more than backs that up.
You don’t seem to understand that what they both achieved at 24 is not relevant. I’m talking about Gary Cahill now, the 36 year old version. His legs have understandably gone a bit and despite his composure he does have limitations as a defender at this level, CCV does not have any limitations.

;