Thoughts v Cardiff

The real, original Cherrybright was a class act in his particular Genre (ooh get me ..a mod word !)..
I sort of wish I 'adnt scared him off now !
His was Totalitarian Doom...some of which was very ultimate ...he was able to Temptfate some whiz free fall periods !

What an utterly prat-ish thing to say. But unsurprising from you. That was a long way from being a ' positives only' performance. Agios result , yes, but far from perfect. The first half was slow and turgid. We could easily have been behind in the opening minutes and two down before we scored. Some of our passing and control was woeful. Fortunately we took the lead, they went down to 10 and Moore went off with an injury. Although we ended up comfortable winners we missed some great chances with poor finishing and poor pass choices. It was an improvement on previous below par performances recently but it was by no means perfect.
But that's football.

Liked your post, but I'm not sure hes suited to being a defensive midfielder either, given the number of times he gets tackled when tracking back towards goal.

1 goal in 5 years is poor, even for a goalie.
He has certainly not got enough about him to be the singular defensive midfielder in this system I agree. When he first signed his best attribute was his ability to drive forward from deep and carry the ball, this seems to have been coached out of him over time. I really liked him when he first signed but he has regressed over time for sure.

The real, original Cherrybright was a class act in his particular Genre (ooh get me ..a mod word !)..
His was Totalitarian Doom...some of which was very ultimate ...he was able to Temptfate some whiz free fall periods !

if u miss him, just go on any echo readers comments. he'll be banging on about drug crazed boscombites, plc pub chains selling crud beer, and generally sounding like mr.logic

Any positives? you really do disgust me as a Cherries fan.
If i was your mother i would send you to to bed without any broth.
You need to really see the positive sides of life.
I disgust you because I can acknowledge that we were quite poor in the first half and probably deserved to be behind? Jesus wept.

We will not go through games without teams having chances against us. It’s the championship. Main thing was we have an excellent keeper.

Agree with what most have said, it was a contained game as opposed to an exciting one. Managing the legs over Christmas no bad thing.

Still some legacy confidence issues with the young left side but they grew into the game. I thought Billing and Lerma were outstanding as was Dom who looks five times the player Kiefer Moore did. Honourable mention for Lowe who looked great in his preferred position cameo, made some great unspotted runs as well. Marcondes ball for Christie’s miss was incredibly pin point unlike the characteristically crap finish.

Negatives were Stans weaknesses are such a shame for him, he looked gutted. Christie’s finishing is appalling (unless deflected), Cook is not an attacking midfielder, he is so safe although he played well don’t get me wrong. I’d play Marcondes in home games /easier away games and Pearson in away games/hard home games. With Cook I fear you get half of both players main talent but nowhere near either.
Nobodies saying that we will never conceding a chance. Just that on the balance of the chances created in the first half by both sides then we probably deserved to be behind. It’s not the first time this season we have gotten away with it either. I think it’s okay to both be happy with the win but also acknowledge that until the red card we really weren’t very good.

Nobodies saying that we will never conceding a chance. Just that on the balance of the chances created in the first half by both sides then we probably deserved to be behind. It’s not the first time this season we have gotten away with it either. I think it’s okay to both be happy with the win but also acknowledge that until the red card we really weren’t very good.

Thought Stacey looked a bit off the pace today, didn’t link well with Cook or Christie. Likewise Anthony and Zemura reallt struggled in the first 15 minutes but grew into the game. We were sloppy at the back at times and Travers made some decent saves. Cahill, Lerma both fantastic and stood out for me.

Thought we looked a real threat after the 60 minute mark and could have easily had 4 or 5.

No idea what their keeper Smithies was saying to some of the fans lower down in the NS in the second half?

But good enough to be leading 1-0.

Another mention to Lewis Cook.

Missed a sitter and generally looked like a 1.5 million pound player, not 15 million.

Cook missed a sitter? Lol Kelly couldn't make a simple pass, Zamora couldn't keep the ball in play for the whole of the first half...but Cook missed a sitter (it's wasn't) but Cook is the bad player.

Cook ran the midfield and controlled the centre of the pitch with ease. I'm always amazed when a player does his job setting the foundation for the other players and no one sees it.

Thought it was a scrappy first half and our goal came at the perfect time. Travers made some excellent saves in front of us as if they had scored it might have been a different game. It might have been a tense second half but the sending off changed the flow of the match. It was an awful challenge and fully deserving of a red card. Second half we had complete control but I was delighted when Dom scored our second as it killed the game off. Sad for Jeff he won’t get credited with our third as I thought he was outstanding. Overall an important win and I was delighted to be able to watch it!!! :utc:

Best thing for me today was that we kept at them when they were down in the 2nd half. Could easily have been 4 or 5. They are a brutal team to play with so much size, but the red card took all the wind from their sails. Fine with me and am glad to not see them again this season.

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who is biting his nails when Dom gets injured. Backup for him has to be the #1 job in January.

Agree with general comments above that we are still looking for the best formula of player combinations, but it does seem like we are getting good performances from different players on different nights. Lerma has been majestic, Travers has certainly grown in to the job. Lots of midfield talent, probably SP needs different combinations for different opposition.

As Parker said in his post and pre match interviews he knew that would happen. We had to chip away at them. Cardiff aren’t a bad side and they showed that. I have no doubt if it stayed 11 v 11 we would have still got a comfortable result.
I'd take issue with that. I thought Cardiff were awful and have a great chance of relegation

I'd take issue with that. I thought Cardiff were awful and have a great chance of relegation

Don’t take too much of an issue. :grinning:

Very dangerous from set pieces though not many opportunities tonight and first 15 minutes were capitalising on us messing around with it at the back

As Parker said in his post and pre match interviews he knew that would happen. We had to chip away at them. Cardiff aren’t a bad side and they showed that. I have no doubt if it stayed 11 v 11 we would have still got a comfortable result.
Take away Reading's and Derby's points deductions and Cardiff would be sat in the bottom 3.
Wouldn't mind signing Moore as back up to Solanke though.

You get those tanglefoots out the sink?

Don’t take too much of an issue. :grinning:

Very dangerous from set pieces though not many opportunities tonight and first 15 minutes were capitalising on us messing around with it at the back
Dangerous at set pieces only because they have some 6 foot 4 brutes at the back who they are willing to commit forward.

More of a strategic decision to take that risk rather than having any other threat on the ground.

;