Thoughts vs Forest

AFCB_Liam

First Team
Thought we need a post match thread and there aren't any moaning /ranty Waz ones soooo

- First half was ok but unspectacular from us and we gave a couple of big chances away. Surridge should have scored and should have had a pen. As Parker said, we were too open. For all the criticism of Parkerball, against teams like Forest, in it's truest sense (control of possession with pressing from the front) it absolutely works.
- 2nd half we controlled it start to finish. Absolutely superb. Parker clearly had a word and set things right. Our passing was more crisp, more pressure from the front and never gave them a second on the ball. Forest couldn't handle us, they looked completely rattled and started to lose their heads a bit.
- Substitution of Moore for Lerma an absolute sliding doors moment. Easy option was Pearson. Fair play to Parker, he saw we were in the ascendancy and doubled down. Fortune favours the brave and that made all the difference.
- Lewis Cook MoM for me - immense from start to finish.
- Kelly not far behind - both him and Nat Phillips were excellent throughout and didn't give them a sniff 2nd half.
- This team has its flaws, especially breaking down teams we should do and getting complacent. Turning it on when the pressure is on isn't one of them, against Hudders, Coventry, Fulham and today we put in some of our best performances of the season.
- Apparently the goal was not a training ground routine, in which case SO much respect to Billing for that. Under pressure would have been easy to play the percentages. He has his critics but I thought Billing was excellent tonight, especially in the 2nd half.
- Crowd were immense from the start. Couldn't really hear much from the Forest fans on sky. Red Army, Red Flag, Super Scotty, Song for Nonny all heard loud and proud.
- Parker interview shows how much it means to him and how hard he works. The guy needs to enjoy it a little more! He might not be the most media-trained, but he is clearly dedicated to his job and he deserves another crack at the PL. No doubt there's a massive job to prepare us for the top flight though.
- That said, we have the spine of a very good side here.
- David Brooks interview on Sky was the highlight of the evening. He will be a big part of our next PL adventure.
- We are back in the big time! Debates on how to spend it are for the summer. Forest have been trying to get there for 23 years. We should never take for granted just how lucky we are to be where we are (again!).
- That was for Nonny.

Last edited:
Never seen Phil Bill win so many headers!

Sky going on about the Surridge pen. Not a lot of contact, looked like he dragged his foot a bit? Maybe my rose tints.

Goal was outstanding, that sort of thing only ever seems to happen against us! Nice to see us score it.

Funny feeling going up again. Not as excited as before and I feel like we have a lot of work to do to be able to compete next season whereas before I knew we had the team, pace and ability to do well (don't get me wrong, I'm delighted!). Stuttering, inconsistent season where we've seldom played to our potential and still finish second. Mad.

Well done to the players tonight, though. Great effort and great result.

Never seen Phil Bill win so many headers!

Sky going on about the Surridge pen. Not a lot of contact, looked like he dragged his foot a bit? Maybe my rose tints.

Goal was outstanding, that sort of thing only ever seems to happen against us! Nice to see us score it.

Funny feeling going up again. Not as excited as before and I feel like we have a lot of work to do to be able to compete next season whereas before I knew we had the team, pace and ability to do well (don't get me wrong, I'm delighted!). Stuttering, inconsistent season where we've seldom played to our potential and still finish second. Mad.

Well done to the players tonight, though. Great effort and great result.
Dawson was a Forest legend so not surprising they were banging on about the pen.

2 ways to look at it vs last time we went up, an alternative view is we've not hit our top gear often yet still going up in 2nd. Team has mostly been playing way below its potential so more to come...

Thought we thouroughly deserved the win.

They had better spells in the first half, but we annihilated them in the second.

We weren't at our best by any means, but on the day deserved the win.

Kieffer Moore, well, what can you say.

3 goals, 2 games.

It's basically what got us over the line.

A point at Swansea when almost dead and buried and a win tonight.

Was nice to see him almost crying after the goal, as he had a weight on his shoulders after his injury lay off.

Came up with the goods.

Getting on a bit, but he has a season or two in him at PL level.

Lewis Cook was a different class.

We outplayed Forest.

My only worry was when Pearson and Mepham came on and the 8 minute board went up. We were pinning them in their half and suddenly were prepared to give them the pitch.
But they both contributed.

Have a good feeling about Keiffer Moore next season.

I agree with all the above. It's not quite the same elation as first time round but still a brilliant achievement. This group of players has shown immense character this last few weeks, coming from behind v Fulham and Swansea was immense. And credit to Parker, he may not be as popular as Eddie but 2 promotions in 3 years proves we're no mugs

Top Billing for Bournemouth as Moore sends Cherries up

Bournemouth secured automatic promotion back to the Premier League with a 1-0 win over Nottingham Forest at the Vitality Stadium to end their two-year absence from the top flight.
Storm Eunice saw the original match suspended in February, leaving us to thank mother nature for setting up this huge contest in the race for automatic promotion to the top flight. There was a feel-good factor around the Vitality Stadium, with David Brooks announcing the news that he is now cancer-free and was applauded by both sets of fans as he watched on from the stands.
However, it was Forest that were inches away from making the perfect start inside the opening 10 minutes when Djed Spence made a driving run from midfield and picked out Sam Surridge, whose left-footed shot clipped the top of the crossbar. It was end-to-end action, as Jordan Zemura’s ball across the face of goal was cleared, while the same man was forced into a goalmouth clearance to keep out Brennan Johnson’s effort. Steve Cooper’s side were controversially denied a penalty late on in the half, with Surridge brought down by Mark Travers in the box. The assistant referee’s flag was raised, despite replays appearing to show the former Bournemouth man in an onside position.
The ‘Cherries’ were dominant at the start of the second half, and the prolific Dominic Solanke fired into the side netting amidst a spell of concerted pressure from the hosts. Brice Samba was then forced into punching Ryan Christie’s free-kick away from danger. Philip Billing was able to escape the clutches of Ryan Yates, but Samba was alert to thwart the threat from the midfielder. The Zimbabwean was then called into action to keep out Jaidon Anthony’s strike, as the Dorset side piled on the pressure.
But the Vitality Stadium was sent into raptures thanks to a superbly-worked free-kick from Billing, who picked out Kieffer Moore, who clinically dispatched a close-range strike past Bamba. The result means Bournemouth’s final match at home to Millwall on Saturday is now a formality for the home side, while Forest will have to settle for a place in the play-offs as they bid to end their own 23-year absence from the top flight.
Flashscore Man of the Match: Philip Billing (Bournemouth)

Dawson was a Forest legend so not surprising they were banging on about the pen.

2 ways to look at it vs last time we went up, an alternative view is we've not hit our top gear often yet still going up in 2nd. Team has mostly been playing way below its potential so more to come...

You win some pens and miss some. Forest were fortunate v West Bromwich. Have to keep going and win it anyway and they didn't.

;