Three at the back

We really can't judge if 4 at the back is more effective than a 3 until we start a game with it......how it looks in the last 15 mins of a match where the opposition are sitting that deep is irrelevant.......not against the idea;a of a 4 though as i'd like to see a Cook /Kelly partnership and 433 allows Brooks to play central......has to be said though that we got relegated playing with a 4 at the back.
But they sat back for the entirety of the second half? And we didn’t look threatening until we changed to the four

But surely given our quality we should be looking to take advantage of our talent in every game? There may be some very specific situations in which a three at the back is beneficial but to have played with it religiously so far is madness imo. We are getting outplayed by average championship sides like Derby and QPR. I’m not saying that I expect us to win every game, of course I don’t, but given the quality at our disposal I expect the team to be A LOT more exciting to watch than it currently is

As you've said we've played well with three at the back at times this season and we all know all too well that we've played poorly with a back 4 in the past. I don't know why you're trying to argue that we should have a set formation for the rest of the season irrespective of the opposition. In any case you can be attacking with a back 3,wece seen that this season.

As you've said we've played well with three at the back at times this season and we all know all too well that we've played poorly with a back 4 in the past. I don't know why you're trying to argue that we should have a set formation for the rest of the season irrespective of the opposition. In any case you can be attacking with a back 3,wece seen that this season.

exactly, massively disrespectful to the other teams in this division, as if we were ever likely to steamroll teams!!
and extreme naivety from anyone who thought that was ever going to happen

ffs - some of us are old enough to remember Groves and his narrow midfield diamonds, now that was a “system” worth moaning about.

I think that JT is doing the best he can with what is available to him.

On paper its a great squad for this level but JT saw what a shite-storm last season was with half the squad ”downing tools” for Eddie for long periods of time.

This is still very much Eddies team not JT’s, I suspect theres a fair few personnel changes he'd like to make.

We’ve all seen teams that look good on paper dropping through this divison after relegation - Sunderland anyone?

It looks to me that JT has a plan to avoid that given some of the “characters” still knocking around and so far he's implementing it perfectly.

;