"Throwing a pie without lawful excuse"

You are right there Rob, different times, different standards. Back then you were likely to get a boot up the backside from the local coppers and told to behave. And of course there is nothing like the stupidity of youth:)

Thankfully, 'back when', we didn't get prosecuted for throwing those red cushions onto the pitch, week in week out, from the old Main Stand...

Thankfully, 'back when', we didn't get prosecuted for throwing those red cushions onto the pitch, week in week out, from the old Main Stand...

I met a Halifax Town fan back in the early 80's who sat in the main stand at DC and at the end of the game tucked the cushion under his arm to hand it in on his way out. Unfortunately without thinking he walked outside with it, was duly arrested, spent Saturday and Sunday night in the cells at Bournemouth police station, appeared before magistrates on the Monday and was bailed to appear at a later date. He then had to make his way back up north missing a days work as a lorry driver. He then got an absolute discharge on his court appearance. There were occasions when the old bill went way over the top.
How I know this story is true is another story for another day....................

I met a Halifax Town fan back in the early 80's who sat in the main stand at DC and at the end of the game tucked the cushion under his arm to hand it in on his way out. Unfortunately without thinking he walked outside with it, was duly arrested, spent Saturday and Sunday night in the cells at Bournemouth police station, appeared before magistrates on the Monday and was bailed to appear at a later date. He then had to make his way back up north missing a days work as a lorry driver. He then got an absolute discharge on his court appearance. There were occasions when the old bill went way over the top.
How I know this story is true is another story for another day....................

I seem to recall that we signed Dave Chadwick from Halifax back in the early 1970's.

Blimey, that's an ordeal for a cushion.

He should have just chucked it on the pitch like the rest of us!

Was he sat in A Block, the away fans section?

Many years ago away at Torquay I saw a cherries fan knock a seagull over with a pastie during half time.
Happy days.

I also remember a Crystal Palace lunatic being arrested outside the main stand for having a Stanley knife pushed into his kebab that he had bought earlier. I remember him saying to the arresting officer "I will be having a word with that popadopolus bloke later" as he was being ushered into the back of a police van. He then shouted over to his mates "Hey lads, check your kebabs! I just found a stanley knife in mine"!.

I remember we had Clive Payne playing for us in this game.

Wait so flares are thrown on nearly every other away goal in Dean Court. Millwall have thrown coins in every game we've hosted them in that I can remember.

Yet we got a guy in court for throwing a pie?

Blimey, that's an ordeal for a cushion.

He should have just chucked it on the pitch like the rest of us!

Was he sat in A Block, the away fans section?

Not sure, probably wouldn't have been more than a hundred or so from Halifax there on the day in question. He wasn't what you would have described as a trouble maker !!

Many years ago away at Torquay I saw a cherries fan knock a seagull over with a pastie during half time.
Happy days.

that was the game when the head copper was by the side of the goal with his megaphone giving us away fans a load of orders (no jumping up and down etc etc) and some bloke flung a big cream sponge cake at him hitting him square on the chest splattering his uniform very nicely. Bit like a scene from a carry on film. he was not amused.............

No idea if this story is true, but it is funny so I am going to tell it anyway.

Back in the seventies Eric Morecambe was a Luton Town director. In one match tempers boiled over on and off the pitch and the ref was hit by a coin. The match was briefly held up while he received attention and then it finished as usual.

Back in those days it was normal for the referee and linesmen to go into the Directors’ Lounge after the game for a cup of tea and something to eat before their journey home. So Eric Morecambe goes up to the referee and asks him if he was intending to report the incident. The referee answered “probably not” to which Eric replied, quick as a shot, “in that case can I have my 50p back?”.

1975 Steve? I recall you and our other driver both being apprehended at one stage, leaving Jeff and I in the stands with no drivers. And that walk to the social club.. ...

When the game is shite, why don't fans throw toilet rolls on the pitch like they used to anymore?
These days you can buy toilets rolls in your clubs colours.

When the game is shite, why don't fans throw toilet rolls on the pitch like they used to anymore?
These days you can buy toilets rolls in your clubs colours.

Probably because some Health & Safety jobsworth has declared that a soft tolilet roll hitting someone on the head could cause catastrophic injuries.

;