Ticketing points system

I don't think the points system is an issue (could argue against Cup probably) and doesn't take a lot of tweaking. They just need to allow home pointers away tickets earlier, e.g. from Everton:

10+away points Wednesday 19th April (10am)
7+ away points Sunday 23rd April (10am)
4+ away point Wednesday 26th April (10am)
1+ away point Sunday 30th April (10am)
General sale Wednesday 3rd May (10am)

Jim said the uptake wasn't fast enough, so they knew. They could have acted and added 18 home points on the 4 away points date if the first sales weren't on par with a sell out. At this point of the season, 4 away points isn't more worthy more than a season ticket holder imo. Perhaps at the beginning of the season they should be allowed the benefit.

I also think the 3/4 day windows are too long, more gradual drops in two day windows would be fine and give yourself more time to add home point criteria in.

I won’t ever attend enough matches for my stance to matter but it makes sense to me that points work for both home and away. There’s a few ways to do this without upsetting the current ways too much and obviously there’s a ton of ways to provide widespread changes. The two systems that I think would make the most sense are:

1) use home OR away points as for each window - while giving priority to the points for the same type of match (home or away). Using the time slots Silent just used would look something like this:
10+ away points Wednesday 19th April (10am)
7+ away points OR 15+
home points Sunday 23rd April (10am)
4+ away points OR 10+
home points Wednesday 26th April (10am)
1+ away points OR 5+ home points Sunday 30th April (10am)
1+ home point Tuesday 2nd May

General sale Wednesday 3rd May (10am)

Reverse the points for home matches so if you go to 15+ away matches you’re able to buy home tickets sometimes, too. You’ve proven your support.

2) combine points so they cross over. Home matches are worth 1 point and away matches and cup matches are worth a half point. This way the traveling fans can still build points moderately quickly while people that make every home match aren’t punished.

This could also be slightly amended to still create all 3 point totals where the “type” (home/away/cup) is given one point and the others are given half points so away or cup fans can keep away or cup priority.

What worries me re crossover points (from away to home) is that generally it must be a whole lot more difficult getting youngsters, young families etc up to away games yet it’s just these kind of fans we want to encourage at Dean Court- they’re the club’s future fans. So I think it works best keeping them separate so giving younger fans the best chance of watching the boys without being stymied by another system they can’t really take part in. On another issue, I’d be a fan of Away Season Tickets, which would at least give the club the comfort of a minimum number for away games and cut a lot of work in the ticket office most Wednesdays!

What worries me re crossover points (from away to home) is that generally it must be a whole lot more difficult getting youngsters, young families etc up to away games yet it’s just these kind of fans we want to encourage at Dean Court- they’re the club’s future fans. So I think it works best keeping them separate so giving younger fans the best chance of watching the boys without being stymied by another system they can’t really take part in. On another issue, I’d be a fan of Away Season Tickets, which would at least give the club the comfort of a minimum number for away games and cut a lot of work in the ticket office most Wednesdays!

Honestly it's probably far easier to get your whole family up to Newcastle for an away game then it is to get 4 seats next to each other at a home game.

Also away season ticket would require all the other clubs in the league to agree to price drop. Not impossible but would be difficult.

I have no issue with the current point system but do sympathise with those that can’t get a home ticket, but that is most likely down to the fact they didn’t go in the lower divisions. Saying that there is no scope for younger fans to build up home points either.

Going to the lower decisions has nothing to do with it, as it was too long ago.

I had an ST for 25+ years, until the season after COVID, when I decided I couldn’t commit every weekend anymore. During those years I attended multiple away games every season, too.

I now only ever succeed at buying tickets for away games, as getting a ticket for a home match is pretty much impossible due to a lack of points. Substantial history counts for nothing in this system (which I was/am totally aware of).

I suspect I won’t be able to attend a home game again until a new stadium is built.

It would be nice if away points counted for something at home, but I don’t see the advantage of doing so from the club’s perspective.

Honestly it's probably far easier to get your whole family up to Newcastle for an away game then it is to get 4 seats next to each other at a home game.
Does depend on the age of the family. Mine is desperate to go, but the reality of a crap view, probably spending the entire time looking at someone’s back and not seeing anything doesn’t fill me with the confidence to take him until he’s older.

Our away fan base is much younger, and vibrant, than at home.

It would be nice if away points counted for something at home, but I don’t see the advantage of doing so from the club’s perspective.

Honestly, I think the benefit for the club is overall ticket sales as a unified points system paves the way for offering points for things like friendlies, cups, ladies or youth games as well.

Will be unpopular for those currently on the top of the points pile that have no interest in away or other games but personally I'd really like the idea.

Also away season ticket would require all the other clubs in the league to agree to price drop. Not impossible but would be difficult.

Not really, we know they're all likely £30. The Spurs away season ticket is a direct debit, debited each time when the tickets are sent out. If they want all the money upfront then just do £30+whatever the P&P is per ticket and have a few quid credit at the end of the season to come off next years home/away season ticket if any are less than £30. It doesn't need to be cheaper, it would need to be convenient.

It's harder in other divisions with no price cap, which is where the direct debit model would be best. No doubt it would also get more people onboard.

Other clubs incorporate how much much money you spend in the club shop to score points too. Tap your season ticket (would of course have to introduce club/membership cards to non season ticket holders) when in store or online use your own account and gain points for buying 3 kits every season …

Why not get creative and remove points for
booing,
bedwetting,
slating GON,
creating two equally annoying personas on Vitals
Bitching about Blake and Hughes
Bumping the Brexit thread

I'm sure there are more..

Sorry if this point has already been made but would it not make sense to gauge interest and then request more tickets when it’s already got down to 1 point?
It’s looks like to me that the demand was judged on the sales of +4 points which I suspect, in certain circumstances, is not going to be a true reflection of the pent up demand below

Reactions: DJ

;