Todd Cantwell

His form has dipped, seems to lack pace, no end product. Show pony?

Looks disinterested, even during the warm up there was no effort, just going through the motions.

Clearly got talent in abundance but counts for nothing if he doesn’t care.

It does say that "Bournemouth retain an option to make the deal permanent at the end of the current season.", so i guess that not much has changed really - except that Cantwell knows he has another season at Norwich if he wants it.

would he be better off staying at norwich and rebuilding his career in the championship next season?
can't see us stumping up £10m or whatever the asking price will be if we go up

I wonder if he assumed upon loan signing he'd be a nailed on starter here, and is a bit put out that he isn't.

A player in there somewhere. For a moment I thought he was going to announce himself with an equaliser yesterday with one of the only clear chances all game, but for some reason he went near post and put it side netting.

I like his versatility, he's played every midfield position for us already. That probably doesn't help in settling him in.

Keifer Moore and Todd were the two signings I was really excited about in January.

If Moore had stayed fit, it would have made such a difference.

Cantwell, I keep willing to do well, and keep getting disappointed to be honest.

I wonder if he assumed upon loan signing he'd be a nailed on starter here, and is a bit put out that he isn't.

A player in there somewhere. For a moment I thought he was going to announce himself with an equaliser yesterday with one of the only clear chances all game, but for some reason he went near post and put it side netting.
It seemed to bounce high and wider, so would have been difficult to get around it to put far post (from my view)
Not long after coming on, he was a toe nail away from a great defence splitting pass inaide the full back to put (can't remember who) through on edge of 6yd box, full back just got a toe to it. Its that sort of creativity I expected him to bring more consistently

It seemed to bounce high and wider, so would have been difficult to get around it to put far post (from my view)
Not long after coming on, he was a toe nail away from a great defence splitting pass inaide the full back to put (can't remember who) through on edge of 6yd box, full back just got a toe to it. Its that sort of creativity I expected him to bring more consistently

It was to put Laird through. Exceptionally clever pass.

Wasn't Cantwell valued at around £80 million about a year ago?

Maybe it might be worth building a team around that kind of talent? - Once we have managed to draw our way to the Prem of course!

Marcondes has goals in him, I won't dispute that. But, there's huge holes in midfield when he's on the pitch.
And there isn’t huge holes in our midfield anyway?
Take the first half vs Boro, acres of space we left in the middle of the park, and the first half vs Cov. There are always going to be holes in midfield when you play two advanced midfielders.

I thought Cantwell looked dangerous when he came on, he was trying to do something a bit different, but gave the ball away a few times. I've heard Christie get a lot of praise for his performance, but for me he had an off game. I thought Ethan Laird and Nat Phillips were brilliant, didn't put a foot wrong.

Take the first half vs Boro, acres of space we left in the middle of the park, and the first half vs Cov. There are always going to be holes in midfield when you play two advanced midfielders.
I wouldn't bet on it

1 goal conceded in the last 4 games would say NO.

Chaps - stop bickering- but this. I wasn’t at game but been to several others lately and can’t understand why Marcondes is not at least an option from the bench. Has scored and set up crucial goals in big games eg Blackpool away

I thought Cantwell looked dangerous when he came on, he was trying to do something a bit different, but gave the ball away a few times. I've heard Christie get a lot of praise for his performance, but for me he had an off game. I thought Ethan Laird and Nat Phillips were brilliant, didn't put a foot wrong.

This isn’t meant as a criticism but I think Laird is playing quite conservatively. He doesn’t seem prepared to take risks. Of course, that may be simply what he has been told to do.

;