Todd Cantwell

Marcondes is an above average champ level midfielder at best. Not surprised he's not getting much of a look in.

Marcondes has found two successive clubs not using him properly.

He should sign for Derby next season and fulfill his potential.

Bit slow, bit short, but links up play in aggressive teams.

Needs to drop to League 1 and go up with a positive team.

With Billing injured, if we were to stick with the same system then Cantwell or Marcondes would be the obvious straight swap.

Marcondes was great coming on against Blackpool last out and then fallen off the radar.
Cantwell has undoubted ability but hasn't settled in or got going.

Of course we might change system put Lowe up there.

This isn’t meant as a criticism but I think Laird is playing quite conservatively. He doesn’t seem prepared to take risks. Of course, that may be simply what he has been told to do.
I thought Laird looked really solidand wouldnt mind getting him back next season

Officially, discussions to ascertain whether Bournemouth will push ahead with their option to sign Todd Cantwell permanently will take place once the season is over.

But the decision to acquire the player is understood to be worth over £10million and has likely already been decided. For Norwich, the likelihood of receiving a significant fee for a peripheral figure out of contract in 12 months' time is beginning to look increasingly unrealistic.

As things stand, Cantwell is expected to return to his parent club to begin pre-season preparations in the summer, following an unsuccessful loan spell in Dorset. Earlier this month, Norwich triggered a 12-month extension to his pre-existing contract earlier this month, done primarily to protect his market value. Cantwell's deal was set to expire at the end of this season.

https://www.dorset.live/sport/football/football-news/todd-cantwells-best-position-doesnt-7024865

Seems odd to have a player on loan who doesn't fit into a team. Cantwell, like Grealish, Hoddle and others need to be built around not just fit in.

Definitely a talent but hasn’t had the impact we perhaps hoped for. Think the transfer fee quoted is high for his form and would take up at least a 1/3 of any premier league transfer budget we might have. Seems unlikely.

Shame Rothwell wasn’t fully fit on Saturday as would have been good to assess his ability. Might be a better option given he is a free agent in the summer?

Not sure with 8 starts and 3 times as sub we really have had time to see the best of him.

I guess thats the crux, does he need more time to be fully 'match ready' following lack of game time? I guess thats what Parker knows and we'll find out soon enough either way.

I'd be surprised if he did sign though.

A natural talent for sure, but that talent hasn't had the impact I thought it would/could.

Aside from talent, he didn't appear to have the fitness or the habits for the levels of running and pressing that Parker's system relies upon from it's front men.

He's been a useful card up the sleeve for this run-in, but that's probably where it ends. A shame because the is potential there, that if realised would make his current 10m release fee look like a bargain. But probably not meant to be here.

;