Tom Lockyer

I’m very glad for this thread with the match day thread discussing/squabbling over various topics.

It was certainly a very difficult situation to witness. Trying to shield and explain what was going on to a little one wasn’t easy either.

I nipped down to the concourse after Lockyer had left the pitch, it was a very eery situation walking back out to a full stadium, under the lights, but so so quiet.

When the players came back out, that was a special moment. It felt like there was a genuine connection between the fans and players/staff of both teams all around the ground.

Fingers crossed for good news in the coming days.

I’m very glad for this thread with the match day thread discussing/squabbling over various topics.

It was certainly a very difficult situation to witness. Trying to shield and explain what was going on to a little one wasn’t easy either.

I nipped down to the concourse after Lockyer had left the pitch, it was a very eery situation walking back out to a full stadium, under the lights, but so so quiet.

When the players came back out, that was a special moment. It felt like there was a genuine connection between the fans and players/staff of both teams all around the ground.

Fingers crossed for good news in the coming days.
Well said DJ - it was a very poignant moment when the two teams and staff came out to give - rather than receive - a lap of honour to the crowd. You’d expect Luton’s fans to be concerned and supportive but I’ve never felt prouder of our fans than yesterday - from the moment it happened an almost complete silence to chanting Tom Lockyers name by the North Stand then around the Ground. That was sheer class - no slow handclaps, moans or negative chants.
It was a gut wrenching experience that I hope never to see repeated but our tinpot club made me proud yesterday and nothing encapsulates our family ethos better. Get well Tom and UTCIAD

Nice feeling... perhaps wrong term, that fans, clubs come together when it really counts.

I'd like to thibk every club woukd do the same including Watford.

As I said before the game, I find myself liking Luton and hope... not at our expense of course though... they stay up :)

Fondness for fellow underdog perhaps.

Again, not quite the same of course, but many of us loosely followed Burton for a while after their accommodating Hospitality and attitudes when we got promoted at theirs from league 2.

I think this very scary and awful event will give afcb and Luton a bond perhaps going forwards.

So pleased player has recovered, don't agree with the football being more important than everything... life/death, that's for certain.

Its probably bought our two clubs even closer........probably the two smallest clubs in PL, two smallest grounds, the two clubs that most Man u , Spurs Arsenal, Chelsea fans etc think should be nowhere near playing in PL.....and our journey to get here are not dissimilar with our roots and points deduction....so heres to giving the rest of the PL two fingers and both of us avoiding relegation....and Tommy Lockyer making a speedy and full recovery.

Nice feeling... perhaps wrong term, that fans, clubs come together when it really counts.

I'd like to thibk every club woukd do the same including Watford.

As I said before the game, I find myself liking Luton and hope... not at our expense of course though... they stay up :)

Again, not quite the same of course, but many of us loosely followed Burton for a while after their accommodating Hospitality and attitudes when we got promoted at theirs from league 2.

I think this very scary and awful event will give afcb and Luton a bond perhaps going forwards.

So pleased player has recovered, don't agree with the football being more important than everything... life/death, that's for certain.
Luton did thank a number of Watford fans who sent their best wishes. Not sure Watford would do the same for an afcb player - probably claim it was play acting and it was a dive. Zero remorse for the O’Kane injury. The good relationship between Luton and us probably reinforces their twisted hatred of us.

I liked them before the game but had a half time rant about their shithousery drafted. Glad I didn't get round to sending it in the end as it would've felt petty in the context of what was to come.

Burton was amazing and I still keep an eye out for them. Doing okay in League One at the moment but just sacked their manager after losing to Stevenage.

It quite literally isn’t about us but very proud of our whole community.

Like everyone in the stadium I was shocked and praying for a positive outcome - but my overriding first awareness and memory of the incident is Billing running over and crouching down in front of Tom and calling for urgent help. The concern on his face is etched in my mind. Well done Phil and my thoughts and wishes with Tom and his family for a speedy and full recovery.

Phil Bill knew staight away and immediately responded - this may be something that the Danish Team has been made aware of and even trained in spotting post Christian Eriksen. I am sure it looked like he may have even checked Tom's airways were clear. Well done to Phil

'I am sure it looked like he may have even checked Tom's airways were clear. Well done to Phil'

That's what I thought.

Phil Bill knew staight away and immediately responded - this may be something that the Danish Team has been made aware of and even trained in spotting post Christian Eriksen. I am sure it looked like he may have even checked Tom's airways were clear. Well done to Phil
I am pretty sure that Lockyer had faceplanted on the turf and Phil got over there on the double for that reason and turned his face to the side. It did not look good, to say the least.

These were taken last week, before he collapsed. As stated on their website.The team were visiting a local hospital

;