Training ground

I know that it wasn't in the original plans for the Centre of Excellence at Canford, but does anyone know if there is also any space for an Athletics Stadium (AS)? If the plan is to build our new stadium on the site of the current AS, building a new AS in Canford, could speed up the new stadium construction in Kings Park. Just curious.
The only word on this is BF's comments Re getting more bums on seats, buying back DC and getting 'double-decks' on new stands...

Could be all bluff but you could take from that that the preference is to buy SDC back and renovate... So no need to move the athletics stadium...

I loved Nonny as much as anyone but that’s a step way too far. His chant keeps his memory alive much better than a stand name and if you start naming stands after fans there are many other deserving candidates. Mick Cunningham for one

Agree - and would it’s capacity be 8502 ?

Agree - and would it’s capacity be 8502 ?
It might just have to be - I don’t think anyone lived and breathed AFCB more than Mick. Sadly my last memory is when I bumped into him at the Stadium the day he had been very shabbily and unkindly ‘let go’ by Blake. As gutted as he was he never blamed the Club or wanted to make public how he was treated. That’s loyalty for you.

Kris Temple said tonight on solent, Foley wants to build new rather than develop DC.

The question is where ?????????????????????

Just back from a stroll over to the training ground. Plenty of activity on site, starting to look really good. Unfortunately they had sold out of programmes.
View attachment 9255View attachment 9256View attachment 9257View attachment 9258View attachment 9259
Fantastic photos, thank you for the update.

For someone who doesn’t know the area is this a different pitch to this update…

Difficult to tell if they are grass pitches looking at the photos on my phone.

That's today's view of the arial shots previously posted.

Reactions: DJ

All that has been completed is one full size artificial pitch. There are plans for a second artificial pitch in a dome to be completed early next year but the grass pitches etc sound like they are 3 years away from being completed.
Nice to have the young lads training again after a long break.

Reactions: DJ

;