Training ground

I walked down in December, and barely anything is different at all - so I can certainly see where you're coming from!

I gather there's only a certain amount of disclosure at the moment for good reason, hence I'm not being overly specific with the exact dates, however if they are anything to go by, I would *really hope* there will be some action this month!!

I had convinced a friend to fly a camera drone over the site in early March when I am back, but he is now away.

Anyone out there got a drone?

So we are talking 2021 now... not even later this year in time for August...Christ ..its as bad as road-works....where you get about five managers running about with mobiles, wearing flash jackets, five vans parked up and one rookie with a shovel , earphones and a fag....everyday for six months. Ha!

Not got one myself, but cracking idea if someone can do it.

Might be worth checking the Hurn flight path malarky. They wanted some sort of input during the planning stage re lighting so not sure if Its within any limits. I often saw low flying aircraft across the old golf courses.

Thanks for putting in the effort Sam, much appreciated.

*Typical of the club not to be making a song and dance about nothing happening over there. What with it being winter an' all, with it's short days, peeing with rain day in day out. Surely they could have been updating us on the limited amount of work they were able to do.
Seems like they've been concentrating on getting contracts and schedules of works sorted. All without keeping us abreast of every confidential negotiation. : )

*This portion of the post should not be taken with too much seriousness or any umbridge, thank you : )

Is Canford Park part of the Stour Valley walk?

My wife and I enjoy going for a walk especially alongside the river banks, is this a worthwhile walk or is it more for dog walkers?

Someone posted on here recently that the substructure work contractor had been appointed, so it seems we should not have been expecting any substantial work to be carried out yet. However, according to what I've seen/heard - there should be activity ASAP.

The build should be 14/15 months which would indicate that the club could expect to move in to the facility by start of July 2021.
Ready for the start of the 21/22 season when we're in League 1 ;)

Is Canford Park part of the Stour Valley walk?

My wife and I enjoy going for a walk especially alongside the river banks, is this a worthwhile walk or is it more for dog walkers?

No. Canford Park Arena is on the south side of Magna Road. Driving past today the start of the Stour Valley Way off Ringwood Road down from the Bear Cross pub is under water as is I would expect most of the new area of public open space on the old Riverside golf course.

I would recommend the walk alongside the Stour further down at the Kingfisher Barn Educational Centre off of Muscliffe Lane. There is a decent size car park and you have a choice of walking down to Throop Mill and on or back up to New Road and on Just depends how fit you're feeling!

Alternatively you could park in the Bridge House car park at Longham and walk down to Dudsbury alongside the river or use that as a base to walk up to Wimborne and Pamphill coming back on the bus to Bearwood if you don't want to retrace your steps.

If you do the section from Merley to Sturminster Marshall the Barford Farmhouse Ice Cream Parlour and Garden is a fantastic stopping off point. Unless you're local you've probably never heard of it. There used to be a footbridge across the river as it's on the Kingston Lacy side.

Another option is a walk around the Longham Reservoir. The entrance to that car park is just past the Kings Arms Longham. Both the Kings Arms and the Bear Cross are excellent for food.

;