Training ground

This was probably posted before, but the architect has some pretty cool renders that give an idea of what the 'office' building will look like.
Not bad!
edit: here's a better link containing the latest design (previous link included some renders of the older design which was fancier): https://worldwise.uk.com/portfolio/afc-bournemouth-training-grounds

Last edited:
This was probably posted before, but the architect has some pretty cool renders that give an idea of what the 'office' building will look like.
Not bad!
Not sure if the current design has been modified a bit though, as the render for the exterior of the enclosed indoor pitch looks fancier here than what we ended up getting. But either way, it'll be quite breathtaking when complete and all the landscaping is done.
Yes. The big tent has been simplified a fair bit compared to the original design but the rest of it is probably going to be pretty much as shown here.
Will definitely look very nice when all of the landscaping is done and has matured. Looking forward to seeing it finished some time in the autumn !
:thumbup:

I was taking the dog for a walk in Cannon Hill woods this morning and looked across over towards Canford school. The Stour valley was shrouded in low mist and the sun was breaking through. The only thing you could see breaking through the mist was this enormous white dome that was absolutely glowing in the sunlight. It looked like some huge alien spacecraft hovering in the distance. Maybe AI stands for Alien Intelligence.....................................................

Do you reckon we'll hear from some Wimborne based Elaine Finleys in due course?
I'm sure this women will be complaining after moving from Colehill to get away from cricket balls to Canford Magna and the noise of the footballer's G Wagons coming and going on a daily basis.

I find it slightly strange that considering we're supposed to be moving over to Canford in October, which in turn should result in immediate work started on the new ground construction, and we've not seen or heard of any stadium plans/designs etc.

I have no knowledge of how these things work, but given it's 7 months away (ish) I would have thought the club would have secured designs etc. by now... ???

I find it slightly strange that considering we're supposed to be moving over to Canford in October, which in turn should result in immediate work started on the new ground construction, and we've not seen or heard of any stadium plans/designs etc.

I have no knowledge of how these things work, but given it's 7 months away (ish) I would have thought the club would have secured designs etc. by now... ???

When will the Bournemouth new stadium be completed?​

Bill Foley has stated a hopeful completion date of the summer of 2027, but there are some hurdles to overcome.

The new Bournemouth stadium will be constructed on the land currently occupied by the Bournemouth training facility. So, the club needs to complete its move to a new training complex at Canford Magna to then start construction on a new stadium. The hope is this will be done in October 2024, giving the Cherries eight months to get plans for the new stadium solidified and approved by the local council if they are to do this as quickly as possible.

There is one other issue. Bournemouth don't actually own the Vitality Stadium. When the club had major financial troubles in 2005, they sold the stadium and leased it back. However, there is what's called a ‘sporting covenant' on the land at Dean Court, meaning the land can only be used for sporting purposes. Effectively, the land has to have a stadium on it. It can't be knocked down in favour of new houses.

So, Foley expects the current landlors Structadene to come to a reasonable agreement with Bournemouth, who have only five years left on the lease at the Vitality.

“The clock is ticking,” he said. “We know they'll see us the stadium at a reasonable price, and that price gets more reasonable the longer we wait.

“If we move out, I guess they could go back to the council and say ‘We’ll tear it down and build affordable housing’, which is fine but that could take a while, so time is on our side.”

Can't really comment on AFCB / Foley's way of operating, insufficient information.

However I would say of BCP council (past and present) they like to only go public with something when it's basically a fait accompli. Consultation and the like being mostly a tick box exercise after all the major decisions have been made and money allocated.

I could imagine by the time we get to hear public knowledge of something, it will already be a fair way down the line. What happens with the ruckus that'll occur, I have no idea!

That as opposed to the public discussions over new stadiums throughout the late 90s that went kinda nowhere for some years.

Bill Foley has stated a hopeful completion date of the summer of 2027, but there are some hurdles to overcome.

The new Bournemouth stadium will be constructed on the land currently occupied by the Bournemouth training facility. So, the club needs to complete its move to a new training complex at Canford Magna to then start construction on a new stadium. The hope is this will be done in October 2024, giving the Cherries eight months to get plans for the new stadium solidified and approved by the local council if they are to do this as quickly as possible.

There is one other issue. Bournemouth don't actually own the Vitality Stadium. When the club had major financial troubles in 2005, they sold the stadium and leased it back. However, there is what's called a ‘sporting covenant' on the land at Dean Court, meaning the land can only be used for sporting purposes. Effectively, the land has to have a stadium on it. It can't be knocked down in favour of new houses.

So, Foley expects the current landlors Structadene to come to a reasonable agreement with Bournemouth, who have only five years left on the lease at the Vitality.

“The clock is ticking,” he said. “We know they'll see us the stadium at a reasonable price, and that price gets more reasonable the longer we wait.

“If we move out, I guess they could go back to the council and say ‘We’ll tear it down and build affordable housing’, which is fine but that could take a while, so time is on our side.”

So Foley is hoping that SD will still sell us the stadium...? Not heard those quotes before now... and Re the 'sporting convenant', this is one of life's mysteries... I don't think anyone really knows what can or cannot be done with the land DC currently sits on.

Looking at the speed BCP are selling off council owned car parks, I reckon for the right price they'll allow whatever anyone wants to be build on that land...

If we want a new stadium quickly we should go for one of those shipping container jobs, like at the World Cup.

Can't see the residents liking it, mind.

So Foley is hoping that SD will still sell us the stadium...? Not heard those quotes before now... and Re the 'sporting convenant', this is one of life's mysteries... I don't think anyone really knows what can or cannot be done with the land DC currently sits on.

Looking at the speed BCP are selling off council owned car parks, I reckon for the right price they'll allow whatever anyone wants to be build on that land...
Re the covenant, this may shed some light if you haven’t already seen it.

It mentions building plans would have to be submitted to the Cooper Dean Estate for approval before any work is done.

So maybe reading that, if they gave approval, building could take place in the future. I think the football ground is officially outside the Park, but could be wrong.

Hence the houses that were built behind the East Stand.

We will be going into season 24-25 in the same little Stadium....and with a half - finished 'Training Ground' / Corporate Hospitality Complex.....End Of...well..end of not much tbh ! Fullstop

Why do we need to negotiate at all with Structadene if we are going to build the new stadium where the current training ground is? They do not own any of that land.

Why do we need to negotiate at all with Structadene if we are going to build the new stadium where the current training ground is? They do not own any of that land.
Is Bill working on the theory that redeveloping the current stadium if he can get it at a knockdown price will be quicker and cheaper than building from scratch?

I guess, but there is the added complication of us owning part of the land the current DC is situated on… I could be wrong I think we own the land the Ted Mac is on and poss as far out into the pitch as the penalty box… Makes things slightly difficult with the current ground and what can be done…

I guess, but there is the added complication of us owning part of the land the current DC is situated on… I could be wrong I think we own the land the Ted Mac is on and poss as far out into the pitch as the penalty box… Makes things slightly difficult with the current ground and what can be done…
Exactly, we own the Ted Shed end quarter of the ground, Structadene own the other 3/4 North Stand End of the current ground. So if we are to build the new ground where the current training pitches are why do we need to involve the land that Structadene own at all?

;