Transfer needs with a month to go

I'd like to know how Alex Crook is a known presenter on talksport representing southern clubs. He blushes whenever he has to talk about a smaller club like that chucky doll.
He was born in Pompey and supports Utd, he's like all those plastic npc's who support utd in this area. I respect MK Dons fans more than southern United fans the lowest of them all.

talksport generally is a top six spunkfest but crook does a decent job for us tbf and often gets derided for it by the rest of the numpties

Zarbarnyi I think

I think we have numerous high potential young players that could fetch 50 mill plus in the next 5 years if they do well with us.

I think that's clearly one thing on their mind, part of the plan. Sign yiung, highly rated players that could potentially be sold on for multiples of what we paid, if they come to fruition... which I think is a good plan compared to other ways of spending.

I think we have numerous high potential young players that could fetch 50 mill plus in the next 5 years if they do well with us.

I think that's clearly one thing on their mind, part of the plan. Sign yiung, highly rated players that could potentially be sold on for multiples of what we paid, if they come to fruition... which I think is a good plan compared to other ways of spending.
Yes it’s the only strategy for a club of our size. Appoint a talent developing manager and sign the worlds best under 23 talent for sub 25m.

Yes it’s the only strategy for a club of our size. Appoint a talent developing manager and sign the worlds best under 23 talent for sub 25m.

Yeah, it's unrealistic to think we can retain them for 10 years, if they prove themselves.

But if we develop a reputation for giving some of the best, highly rated players in tge game a platform for playing in an exciting team, and they'll be allowed to move onto a top club if they flourish (for a large fee... see brighton) it could work out well for all parties.

Should help elevate our stature over time, then who knows we may become a mid table side who pushes and sometimes gets into Europe, fa cup finals etc.

I can't think of any better, realistic alternatives tbh.

It actually becomes part of the selling point to potential new signings if they can see you're a clear pathway to a move to one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Exactly. Particularly if we're deploying exciting football.

It's unrealistic to think we can sign and retain top young talent for 10 years if they're playing well, but it should work well for all parties in the end.

Yeah, it's unrealistic to think we can retain them for 10 years, if they prove themselves.

But if we develop a reputation for giving some of the best, highly rated players in tge game a platform for playing in an exciting team, and they'll be allowed to move onto a top club if they flourish (for a large fee... see brighton) it could work out well for all parties.

Should help elevate our stature over time, then who knows we may become a mid table side who pushes and sometimes gets into Europe, fa cup finals etc.

I can't think of any better, realistic alternatives tbh.
There are no alternatives particularly with FPP tightening and no imminent stadium expansion. The clever bit comes with the blending of experience into the side to help the youngsters as well.

There are no alternatives particularly with FPP tightening and no imminent stadium expansion. The clever bit comes with the blending of experience into the side to help the youngsters as well.

Yeah and looks like we're aware of that, given the approach fir the fiorentina bloke and gosens at inter.

If you can pickup players like that with proven track records for reasonable prices from other countries and mix them in with top young talent... well, I don't think there's a better way of doing it overall.

Obviously we already have a load of more seasoned players in the squad, but it woukd likely backfire for any club if the entire starting 11 was 23 or under, despite their potential.

Seems AI press conference suggests we are concentrating on midfield signing/s. We were linked with Arsenal youngster a few times
I would think we may loose one or two over and above those we know have been told to go, as we could end up with bodies not having competitive football

So then, after the first competitive game of season what’s peoples thoughts on how many more ins are needed and possibly out goings. I missed yesterdays game as doing a charity challenge for my wife’s support cancer group

Still feel the same. Another CM but don't think it will be a defensive one along the lines some are hoping for, instead more like a Surman or Cook.

Then cover at left back. We saw how crucial the fullbacks are to AI's system yesterday.

Still feel the same. Another CM but don't think it will be a defensive one along the lines some are hoping for, instead more like a Surman or Cook.

Then cover at left back. We saw how crucial the fullbacks are to AI's system yesterday.

Do we need cover at left back? If the two injured right backs come back we've got Aarons and Kelly as cover there.

Kelly is the big unknown. If he can be coached into getting forward as part of playing the position and then I'm all for it, his pace could be absolutely lethal. However, if we still see him as mainly a CB then he'll probably won't be ready to be a good fit for this tactical setup at fullback.

This could also then open the door to Hill being one of the CB choices.

Aarons is a possible cover, but you'd want more than three full backs to cover the two positions considering the ground they have to cover. They're going to get knackered as the season goes on. So maybe this could work if they're confident that Fredericks will ever be available...

So then, after the first competitive game of season what’s peoples thoughts on how many more ins are needed and possibly out goings. I missed yesterdays game as doing a charity challenge for my wife’s support cancer group
Haha ! Now I know your vitals name ! Hope it went well mate .

Kelly is the big unknown. If he can be coached into getting forward as part of playing the position and then I'm all for it, his pace could be absolutely lethal. However, if we still see him as mainly a CB then he'll probably won't be ready to be a good fit for this tactical setup at fullback.

This could also then open the door to Hill being one of the CB choices.

Aarons is a possible cover, but you'd want more than three full backs to cover the two positions considering the ground they have to cover. They're going to get knackered as the season goes on. So maybe this could work if they're confident that Fredericks will ever be available...
Even if Frederick's doesn't play this we have 4 full backs, including Kelly, plus Hill. Just depends on whether we can get someone better than Hill and Kelly for a reasonable cost

Well done - what was the "challenge"?

;