Transfer needs with a month to go

Those figures are raw data though, and don't take into account any of the exclusions. For example, money spent on the academy or invested in the stadium or training ground. There will be other things to take out as well when you get into the minutiae of the rules.

Fourth in world football for net spend this calendar year (when addons are included).

There was a time when we wouldn't even be in the top twenty for net spend in League 2, even though we were playing in League 1.

It's a frankly ridiculous level of backing from Foley. Now comes the hard part, getting value from those investments.

I know some still want another striker but maybe some perspective is needed on the amount we've already lashed out.
By my reckoning we have spent about £170m, still makes your point valid of course.

Dango 20 2028
Traore 20 2028
Vina loan
Randolph free
Zabaryni 24. 2028
Semenyi 10

Kleuivert 9.5 + .750 2028
Kerkez 14 + 1.5 long term
Faivre 13
Radu loan
Aarons 7 + 5 long term
Scott 20 + 5 long term
Adams 21 + 3 2028

Even adding Tavs and Senesi takes it to approx 200m. Astonishing

Last edited:
Makes sense.

We need another striker, as many have been saying.

I would assume that Dango’s injury might be long term so perhaps a loan deal to cover his absence.

I thought the summer was great transfer wise, couldn’t have asked for much more really, a Careca, Romario or Ronaldo would just about be acceptable though, anything less will obviously not be good enough

Didn't sound like the Kelly at left back experiment went well tonight. I'm back on board hoping we can bring another one in as an alternate option to Kerkez. I'd be happy enough with a loan if that was the only option.

After tonight we want:

Another left back, probably a loan deal at this stage of the window. Unfortunately Kelly isn’t a LB let alone a Full back. He’s a good LCB back up but nothing more.

Another striker. Have we seen the last of Moore? He seemed pretty poor that first half and was quickly whisked off at the break. He doesn’t fit AI’s style of play at all. Good player but not the right fit for us any more. We have Semenyo who can apparently play down the middle put seems as though he prefers playing out wide or deeper. Kluivert has shown signs of being a potential 9 at times but I would rather us just chuck some money at a player like Daka or Origi and have done with it

Looks like there is some movement afoot, although none of the mentioned players are a surprise:

"Bournemouth are open to letting James Hill, Gavin Kilkenny, Jamal Lowe and Kieffer Moore leave before Friday's deadline.

Moore, who has featured in all three Premier League games this season coming off the bench, will only be sold provided Bournemouth can find a replacement up front.

Hill, meanwhile, is available on loan with a number of Championship clubs having registered an interest in the centre-back, following a solid loan spell at Hearts last season. Kilkenny spent last season on loan at Stoke City and Charlton Athletic and Bournemouth have been working to find a solution with the Irish midfielder over a possible departure, with two clubs in Scotland expressing an interest in Kilkenny. However, either deal would hinge on outgoings and both teams addressing the balance of their current squad.

Lowe is free to leave and is not currently training with the first team as he looks for a move elsewhere. Lowe spent the second half of last season on loan at QPR."

Didn't sound like the Kelly at left back experiment went well tonight. I'm back on board hoping we can bring another one in as an alternate option to Kerkez. I'd be happy enough with a loan if that was the only option.
It would be good, but a new striker is far more important imo. Even if you do think that Dom is good enough to be our starter, he is literally our only viable option (Semenyo more of a winger and untested as a striker at this level, Kluivert not a natural striker and Moore clearly isn’t good enough.) Look at the likes of Forest signing Batshui when they already have Awonyi. What we currently have just isn’t going to be enough and it could very likely cost us.

I watched the Everton game last night and there new striker looks like he’s go hit the ground running

I watched the Everton game last night and there new striker looks like he’s go hit the ground running
He was playing against the team that is bottom of League Two. Not saying he is or isn’t a good buy. Just that he will face tougher challenges this season.

;