Transfer rumours thread

Not rumours just me musing aloud, but would be interested to hear badkeepers thoughts on Krychowiak, Borysiuk and Glik, and how they might fit and whether they would be interested. Borysiuk seems a little slight to me, but could fill out in the gym

INS

Cook 6
Norwood 7
Cooper 2
Obita 2
Hector 5 (on loan)
Veretout 1
Mulgrew 3
Bentley 7
Defoe 3
Cummings 2 (Hibs striker)
Jordan Ayew 2 (Villa striker)
Hennessey 1
Nasedan 1 (Horley Town striker)
Tonny Vilhena 2 (Feyenoord)
Bartlomiej Dragowski 6
Bruno Ecuele Manga 7 (Cardiff)

OUTS

Wilson (Liverpool) 2
Gradel (West Ham) 3 (Inter) 1
Smith (West Ham) 2
Tomlin (Bristol City) 9
Ritchie (Spurs) 4

If we're looking for a CM we should take a look at Jonathan de Guzman. Out of favour at Napoli and on loan with Capri since January where he has only managed one start but still probably worth a chat with his agent.

de guzman royally stitched us up when he was umming and erring about joining us for what felt like an eternity, and then failed to get on a flight with us waiting this end to pick him up from the airport (allegedly)

can't see that one being resurrected

Neil Perrett ?@neilperrettecho 50s50 seconds ago Southampton, England
Incidentally, speculation linking #afcb with #readingfc's Oliver Norwood is believed to be #wideofthemark

cockbeard - 5/5/2016 13:07

Not rumours just me musing aloud, but would be interested to hear badkeepers thoughts on Krychowiak, Borysiuk and Glik, and how they might fit and whether they would be interested. Borysiuk seems a little slight to me, but could fill out in the gym
Krychowiak is what you need defensive midfielder who can pass and score himself, he can be very effective versus Messi if you plan to enter Champions League .lol
Glik is real leader ,tough guy . Captain of Torino.They love him in Torino but hate him in the rest of the Italy .Sometimes he is too tough .In recent years he gained confidence and exierience .As far as Borysiuk I don't follow Legia that much .
If you get any of them it would be upgrade over what you have right now . If I was Eddy I would get Krycha . He is the superstar except works hard all the time .Some stars take days off .

I might add one more suggestion, not because I'm Polish .
Team like Poland at this time happens every 40 years or more , I know I remember Wembley 1973.
All the players on Polish national team are there for reason.Most of them played at high level since they where kids , Krychowiak scored as underaged in Poland 1 Brazil 0 in World Cup U20, this team had Szczesny and Bialkowski in net.Kid Kapustka he is 18 and might go to France.Milik from Ajax is proven scorer not worst than Lewandowski ,Grosicki other winger and old guy Blaszczykowski, Rybus ,these 2 are looking for new deals somewhere. Any smart manager should recognize the situation , as I said group like this happens every 40 years.
Keeper Dragowski needs to move on to better league before he does something really stupid playing for Jagiellonia.

I've always liked Kuba but his age doesn't really fit the profile and on the wings we already have plenty of competition. My thinking was DM/CB hence the suggestions. Although not just Poland I think we should be looking at players with international caps but for second tier countries, as we can afford them and they might be tempted. Many although young will know what it means to play at that level and Eddie is known to improve players.

Here's a new one - and perhaps quite possible ?

We are set to offer £6million for Ryan Mason from Spurs.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-transfer-news-bournemouth-to-offer-spurs-6m-for-ryan-mason-a3241606.html

5'9" though, are we going to have an SoD team of midgets again

Admittedly I'm only the same height myself

quality young english player, has been in england squads - smudger's best mate too

carroll and bentaleb could be available too if spurs strengthen for the champs league and they fall further down the pecking order

yesyescherry - 6/5/2016 11:36

quality young english player, has been in england squads - smudger's best mate too

carroll and bentaleb could be available too if spurs strengthen for the champs league and they fall further down the pecking order

Carroll is out of contract I believe.

Another one to keep a close eye on - Rob Holding from Bolton, a 20 year old centre back who has just been named their player of the season - a typical Eddie type signing I would have thought.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14476706.Everton_and_Bournemouth_eye_Wanderers__prize_asset_Holding/

He'll clearly be playing the holding role at the back......

Interesting story , this morning Bartlomiej Drongowski had final english exam in his highschool ,than he jumped in small plane to join Jagiellonia in Krakow for the playoffs game vs Wisla tonight.

Interesting story , this morning Bartlomiej Drongowski had final english exam in his highschool ,than he jumped in small plane to join Jagiellonia in Krakow for the playoffs game vs Wisla tonight.

cockbeard - 6/5/2016 11:34

5'9" though, are we going to have an SoD team of midgets again

Admittedly I'm only the same height myself

Harry Arter is a good inch taller, it must make all the difference.

;