Transfer targets!?

To be honest, you can't tell who the club are targeting. I'm assuming they are waiting until they appoint the new manager. However, you can look at who our targets maybe targeting. The first thing you do is asses the squad in terms of who is here at the start, who is likely to be shipped out and what positions will need strengthening. As of right now this will be our squad (senior players only):

Ramsdale/Begovic/Travers - 3 Goalkeepers

Smith/Stacey/Cook/Mepham/Kelly/Simpson/Rico - 2 RB's, 4 CB's, 1 LB

Lerma/Billing/Cook/Gosling/Arter/Brooks/Danjuma/Stanislas - 5 CM's, 3 W's

Wilson/King/Solanke/Surridge - 4 CF's. So assuming we need 2 players for every position that leaves us short of a Left Back and a Winger, and overloaded with Strikers and Central Midfielders. (based on Eddie's 4-4-2).

If we look at Jason Tindall, we can only imagine that he shares the same views as Eddie tactically and philosophically. Lets assume he plays a variation of the dreaded 4-4-2.

Surely, given that we will be short of a Left Back, we will give Daniels a one year deal. And, I think we can all agree that King and Wilson will almost certainly be off this summer. Therefore, leaving us 2 Strikers short. Begovic will leave us too. Worst case scenario is that both Lerma and Arter leave too, making us 1 Central Midfielder short. One would assume Surman might be given a one year deal to play second fiddle to others. It would be the cheapest option. So, if we need 2 CF's and a Winger, who would we get?

With all that money coming in we could spend some money... I hope anyway. A few names have been mentioned above, Karlan Grant (16 goals in a struggling huddersfield) and one I never would have thought of which is a great shout, with a bit of experience, Chris Martin (11 goals and 6 assists). Another winger we could potentially buy, is Jed Wallace from Millwall (10 goals and 13 assists). Our team wouldn't change much and could potentially look like this...

Ramsdale/Travers - 2 GK's

Smith/Stacey Cook/Mepham Kelly/Simpson Rico/Daniels - 2 RB's, 2 CB's, 2 LB's

Brooks/Wallace Cook/Gosling Billing/Surman Stanislas/Danjuma - 4 CM's, 4 W's

Grant/Martin Solanke/Surridge. - 4 CF's

If we appoint Lee Johnson.

He seems to like the 3-5-2, but given the quality of our inverted wingers, it would be rude of him not to utilize them. So something similar might be used in the form of 3-4-3.

Again, assuming we will need 2 players for every position we will be short of 2 Central Defenders and a Winger, while having one too many Goalkeeper and two too many Central Midfielders. Same players going, (Begovic, Lerma, Arter, King and Wilson) while Daniels, Francis and Surman would be handed contracts.

This tactical switch is the best option financially as we would only have to promote one Central Defender to the first team and sign one winger to have a balanced and competitive squad. That man is a swede who Johnson managed at Bristol City, by the name of Niclas Eliasson (3 goals and 12 assists).

The team could look something like this...

Ramsdale/Travers - 2 GK's

Cook/Francis Mepham/Cordner? Kelly/Simpson - 6 CB's

Smith/Stacey Cook/Gosling Billing/Surman Rico/Daniels - 2 RB's, 4 CM's, 2 LB's

Brooks/Eliasson Solanke/Surridge Stanislas/Danjuma 4 W's, 2 CF's.

If we have a plan, it might not be that bad. UTC

I would love it if we sign Karlan Grant.

I do hope that once the new manager comes in and assuming we have seen/are seeing Wilson/King moving on that there are a couple of signings which indicate a statement of intent.

Given the uncertainty around the club I can’t see anybody wanting to sign from any of our potential rivals. Surely these clubs will be expecting at this stage to be putting together their own squads for a push for promotion. Any meaningful movement won’t happen until January when there is more of an idea what’s happening with the division.

What uncertainty?

Other players and clubs will likely see internal promotion as a sign that the infrastructure (despite relegation) works, and succession planning was in place. Other interviews took place purely out of good manners and legal obligation to advertise the position

Uncertainty around how well we'll do this season, its the Championship, you could drop Barca in and there'd be no guarantees on where they'd finish, just a fact of Championship life that

Given the uncertainty around the club I can’t see anybody wanting to sign from any of our potential rivals. Surely these clubs will be expecting at this stage to be putting together their own squads for a push for promotion. Any meaningful movement won’t happen until January when there is more of an idea what’s happening with the division.
Due to the current climate, teams like Millwall, Bristol City and Preston can't afford not to accept offers above £5m. The same applies to us but it is more like £15m and we currently pose the biggest threat in the division, in my opinion.

What uncertainty?

Other players and clubs will likely see internal promotion as a sign that the infrastructure (despite relegation) works, and succession planning was in place. Other interviews took place purely out of good manners and legal obligation to advertise the position

Uncertainty around how well we'll do this season, its the Championship, you could drop Barca in and there'd be no guarantees on where they'd finish, just a fact of Championship life that
Maybe I’m missing something but I’m not certain who will be manager, what the final squad will be and how much of the incoming money will be invested in the club.

Due to the current climate, teams like Millwall, Bristol City and Preston can't afford not to accept offers above £5m. The same applies to us but it is more like £15m and we currently pose the biggest threat in the division, in my opinion.

We are so lucky that we have Max!

Otherwise clubs would just bully us into accepting peanuts for players, just like the old days!

We have had some right junk from Liverpool but I would go and get Brewster on loan or buy him.goal every 2 games for Swansea in the championship.

We have had some right junk from Liverpool but I would go and get Brewster on loan or buy him.goal every 2 games for Swansea in the championship.

We wouldn’t stand a chance of getting him.

Ollie Watkins at Brentford is now valued at £18million.

Will be interesting to see where Lyle Taylor ends up.

What a tragedy we didn't sign Watkins. A made-for-Eddie player - lively, committed, skilful, plays in midfield or upfront - and scores! Could have had him from Exeter or in his early period at Brentford. Tried whispering in Eddie's ear ... but no luck :shake:

Won't get in Liverpool tea
We wouldn’t stand a chance of getting him.

Ollie Watkins at Brentford is now valued at £18million.

Will be interesting to see where Lyle Taylor ends up.
Won't get in Liverpool team so reason.long loan would do.

There's not really anyone worth signing in our target bracket.
The best players from the Champ like Benrahma, Watkins etc will join PL clubs. Toney will go to somewhere like West Bumwhich.

The only targets I see are few loans from PL. Maybe Tino Anjorin from Chelsea, born in Poole, pacey forward who they rate highly.

There's not really anyone worth signing in our target bracket.
The best players from the Champ like Benrahma, Watkins etc will join PL clubs. Toney will go to somewhere like West Bumwhich.

The only targets I see are few loans from PL. Maybe Tino Anjorin from Chelsea, born in Poole, pacey forward who they rate highly.
Let’s hope our scouting department don’t have the same attitude as you!

;