Tyrone Mings

Interesting that the criticism of mings coincides with being picked in the England squad. He was helped by a back 5 set up with him as the spare man (to intercept/block) whereas he is more exposed in a 4 man defence.

Interesting that the criticism of mings coincides with being picked in the England squad. He was helped by a back 5 set up with him as the spare man (to intercept/block) whereas he is more exposed in a 4 man defence.
To be honest, the competition he has played against for England has been dire. Opposition playing 1 up front, with the quality of a pub team. He had all the time in the world to pick his passes and look good. On the day Franno could have done a similar job.

Hasn’t Mings got some sort of stat for goals being deflected in off him. I noticed he got a few own goals for us but just put it down to misfortune.

Roy Keane highlighted him turning his back for the 2nd last night. OK that didn’t deflect but I imagine when you turn your back like that rather than stand up to the ball you have far less control over how the ball deflects off you

Hasn’t Mings got some sort of stat for goals being deflected in off him. I noticed he got a few own goals for us but just put it down to misfortune.

Roy Keane highlighted him turning his back for the 2nd last night. OK that didn’t deflect but I imagine when you turn your back like that rather than stand up to the ball you have far less control over how the ball deflects off you

He does it too often imho - has a habit of sitting deep and turning away rather than pressing higher against the attacker. Saw this in the deflected Harry Wilson goal at villa park and when he defended too deep at dean court for one of our goals (can’t remember scorer) Great at pointing though.

To be honest, the competition he has played against for England has been dire. Opposition playing 1 up front, with the quality of a pub team. He had all the time in the world to pick his passes and look good. On the day Franno could have done a similar job.
Take your point re the opposition but I think the insinuation is he hasn’t done the hard graft since then. Not sure if true or just lazy criticism.

Yet when England’s goal machine put one away against, was it Bulgaria, we celebrated like we’d won the championship.

Not sure why all the cynicism about Mings.
Yes, he didn't make it with us and I guess some want to justify Eddie's not playing him by pointing out how crap he is now, but let's just leave the guy alone.
For all we know, part of the terms of his transfer was a secret "Order 66" that would only be triggered if AFCB were in danger of relegation and he by his actions on the pitch could assist us.
If so, carry on agent Mings.

All this gushing or anti- gushing about a player whose time on the pitch for Boscombe was virtually negligible and insignificant...Why ?

Now I need a word with myself for unecessarily posting this!

;