Tyrone Mings

Chit chat on the Natalie Sawyer show on Talksport this morning- about Villa’s predicament and also about Mings and wether he is overrated.....
The general consensus was that he is and that EH was right to take that amount of money for him ....

Chit chat on the Natalie Sawyer show on Talksport this morning- about Villa’s predicament and also about Mings and wether he is overrated.....
The general consensus was that he is and that EH was right to take that amount of money for him ....

this can't be right as our transfer policy is a shambles, allegedly

Definitely no evangelists on that forum!

Having a quick read of that forum made me really appreciate this one. Absolutely slating Smith while on that poll we had here, despite around 75% of us thinking we'd get relegated, 90% would still want Eddie to stay. I work with a diehard Villa fan out here in India and love to laud that fact over her.

I'd say he is a little overrated but obviously through footballs myopic lense I'm sure they decided he was the worst player ever.

The issue Mings has (through no fault of his own) is how dogmatic views on his form now become.

Given how much Villa paid, how much shock that fee caused among the media etc at the time, every good game of his gets their fans hyping him to the rafters to try and justify the fee. Which means the media pay more microscopic attention, and notice his bad games and report on them more than they otherwise would as well. If that error the other night happens to another random CB it doesn't get as much coverage.

So he gets caught in this polarising argument of whether he's England's best centre back or utterly useless and relegation fodder.

..he is a decent player lets be honest...better than Steve Cook...Chris Mepham...Jack Simpson?..probably IMO...but did we do well to get what we did for him when he really wanted the move away...for sure we did!

..he is a decent player lets be honest...better than Steve Cook...Chris Mepham...Jack Simpson?..probably IMO...but did we do well to get what we did for him when he really wanted the move away...for sure we did!

Cook has had a flaky season but he's still the better player IMO, and Mepham was actually looking very good for us on the left before he got injured. I agree that he's a decent enough player, he'd probably do better in a better team; but I'd still have massive question marks over his mentality and the number of errors he seems to make.

You'd have to say that due to his injuries he's probably a couple of years late in his development so by no means the finished article. The same can be said for L Cook and probably Kelly too.

;