Tyrone Mings

Solent said last night that Neil Perrett is on the AFCB media team now as a freelancer, poacher turned gamekeeper to keep Temple in line.

It’s a shame Solent didn’t ask Eddie, I guess we won’t know until he either leaves or we know he’s injured

Mmm...local journalists asking pertinent questions..... not going to happen.

And they wonder why reading and listening figures are plummeting.

People don’t spend their own money on club PR.

Didn't see him in the latest COWS training video. If he's not injured why would that be ? The plot thickens. Of course, maybe he has something personal to deal with and has been given compassionate leave. That would also explain why nothing has been said in public. I sincerely hope all is well and that he's still part of the squad going forward. He has been desperately unlucky with injuries and has never had a decent run in the team to show his true worth :(

I can see him being the type to say something to Eddie, justifiably so with the amount we’ve conceded lately.
I completely agree, the question is who provoked who. As was mentioned earlier, the Man Utd line up looked odd from the start, especially as the one thing Eddie has repeatedly asked TM to do was play in a three against the big teams, and I rarely think he has done a bad job in that role.

I really hope it’s something of nothing, or if bigger than that they can get past it, any turmoil in any squad is rarely positive.

I completely agree, the question is who provoked who. As was mentioned earlier, the Man Utd line up looked odd from the start, especially as the one thing Eddie has repeatedly asked TM to do was play in a three against the big teams, and I rarely think he has done a bad job in that role.

I really hope it’s something of nothing, or if bigger than that they can get past it, any turmoil in any squad is rarely positive.
but Tyrone came on against Man U. doesn't seem an issue to me

Well, Arter was played, out of form, over and over again before finally being dropped more or less permanently.
This is more the opposite.
Or are you more comparing it to the rumours that Arter had had a row with Eddie?
Yeah, the latter. We kept trying to figure out what was up with Harry and wasn't it the Spurs game when he was about to come on but then they scored. I don't think we ever saw him again after that, and there was all sorts of conjecture as to why .... fitness, emotional reasons, something that went on with Eddie ... etc. So the similarity to Mings is the absence of any understanding as to why he can't get some playing time.

Mmm...local journalists asking pertinent questions..... not going to happen.
And they wonder why reading and listening figures are plummeting.
People don’t spend their own money on club PR.

This has been discussed much in the past.

Most sports reporters (print, TV and radio), unlike other journalists, priortise maintaining relationships with the club and players over reporting the news audiences/fans actually care about. They often side-step reporting 'difficult' matters to maintain continued access.

Now we learn that the two most prominent names in reporting on AFCB over the last decade - Perrett and Temple - are both working for the AFCB Media Team... you can decide for yourselves if that's a good thing

I can see him being the type to say something to Eddie, justifiably so with the amount we’ve conceded lately.
Yes, I fear there could have been a clash of personalities. Mings is very self confident and always very vocal on the pitch. He is also a bright lad so I could well imagine him thinking everything over and really not understanding the logic behind his recent lack of opportunities. He could very well have said something which didn’t go down too well with Eddie. But to be honest I can perfectly understand it if he is getting frustrated. He has never let us down when called upon and there have been times recently when he could have been used but wasn’t. He’s obviously desperate to play so maybe his patience has recently reached breaking point.
Hoping all is still well and that there is a less sinister explanation for his absence !

just to stoke the fire a little further....

Tyrone was supposed to be the guest speaker at this week's AFC Business Breakfast along with his interior design business partner. Whilst she turned up, he didn't. Asmir Begovic spoke instead.

I really hope there's not been a cooling between him and Eddie. Eddie is boss so there can only be one winner in that. Let's hope he plays again soon.

;