Tyrone Mings

Having now found the whole clip in real time...yeah there's no way thats deliberate. Oliveira falls under his feet as he's regaining his balance. There's literally nothing else he can do, other than develop X-Men level agility and somersault out of the way. The whole incident takes place over barely a second, with Mings off balance.

Also, its not a "Stamp". Its a tread. It's not a forceful action, his gait is slipping and he treads on him. It's a nasty injury , but it just doesn't look deliberate at all.

The opposition players agreed, the ref agreed and it looks like the FA agree too. Case closed.

Having now found the whole clip in real time...yeah there's no way thats deliberate. Oliveira falls under his feet as he's regaining his balance. There's literally nothing else he can do, other than develop X-Men level agility and somersault out of the way. The whole incident takes place over barely a second, with Mings off balance.

Also, its not a "Stamp". Its a tread. It's not a forceful action, his gait is slipping and he treads on him. It's a nasty injury , but it just doesn't look deliberate at all.

The opposition players agreed, the ref agreed and it looks like the FA agree too. Case closed.

Until the next time he accidentally stamps on someone's head, boots someone or sprays water over disabled people.

What’s the spraying water thing about ? Genuine question .

When he was playing at DC for Ipswich he was sat on the advertising barrier thing with his back to the East stand whilst someone was getting treated on the pitch. It was a bit weird to sit close to the crowd anyway and he was getting some stick - nothing major just "Mings you idiot" stuff. Then he points the bottle he's drinking out of over his should and sprayed the fans with it - obviously he covered the front row which was mainly disabled people and their carers. Tbf he seemed genuinely remorseful after - just like he was after he'd open that Reading guy's face up.

It was the Marbella one that made me think he's got a temperament issue but all these things seemed to follow the guy around.

When he was playing at DC for Ipswich he was sat on the advertising barrier thing with his back to the East stand whilst someone was getting treated on the pitch. It was a bit weird to sit close to the crowd anyway and he was getting some stick - nothing major just "Mings you idiot" stuff. Then he points the bottle he's drinking out of over his should and sprayed the fans with it - obviously he covered the front row which was mainly disabled people and their carers. Tbf he seemed genuinely remorseful after - just like he was after he'd open that Reading guy's face up.

It was the Marbella one that made me think he's got a temperament issue but all these things seemed to follow the guy around.
One other thing. There are probably a lot of players for whom, if we really wanted to subject them to intense retrospective scrutiny, we could dig up past events showing all the bad things they ever did.
Not sure it proves anything in this case.

I think the water thing just sounds like a bit of harmless banter to be honest , but I wasn’t there so I don’t know the tone of it .

One other thing. There are probably a lot of players for whom, if we really wanted to subject them to intense retrospective scrutiny, we could dig up past events showing all the bad things they ever did.
Not sure it proves anything in this case.

Yeah probably, like I say though I saw that Marbella one first hand and thought it was just petulant and a bit nasty. Most players haven't got two accidental head stampings on their record tbf.

;