Tyrone Mings

I guess it’s natural to bring up “previous” in incidents like this. It’s why in most court cases it would be inadmissible as evidence.

Football of course is different, but it’s clear most people are convicting Mings on his previous rather than the actual evidence.

I think the water thing just sounds like a bit of harmless banter to be honest , but I wasn’t there so I don’t know the tone of it .

I was there and it was harmless banter. I quite liked Mings after that, for having a bit of a laugh with opposition fans.

Same type of fans that give a player sh*t all game then cry when said player gives it the large when he scores probably .
Bit
I was there and it was harmless banter. I quite liked Mings after that, for having a bit of a laugh with opposition fans.
i was there and after the water was sprayed it got heated,then he apologised and it calmed down.Im not making something out of nothing,I'm just saying the only time I've seen him do something that you wouldn't expect of a player was then.I believe he didn't mean either of those stamps,but only he knows

No retrospective action because the ref saw it. I thought they got rid of that rule or was it only for the PL?

I think that rule has to exist, it's fundamental to the referee's authority on the pitch. If we will endlessly re-referee matches after the fact then the game truly has gone

That looks like genuine immediate concern to me ...no handbags from the Reading players either so there was obviously no bad blood going on during the game ...feel really sorry for both players to be honest .

Thanks TC. The reaction of the Reading players is quite telling. More concern for their teammate than any anger at Mings. Even the victim himself shows no anger towards Mings. Seems like those who were right there thought there was no malice. I’m happy to give Ty the benefit of the doubt on this one. Bit of a bizarre coincidence after the Zlatan incident though ! Glad he’ll ( apparently ) be able to keep playing and proving his fitness (y)

Sorry, but having been in almost the exact same position I think Mings should be punished. The question isn't intentional vs. unintentional. It's whether his priority is (1) getting back into position at whatever cost, or (2) trying to hurt the opponent. Either way he's damned out of order.

A human beings head falls at your feet and your priority should absolutely be avoiding it whatever it takes. Notice how on both occasions his run continues completely unbroken by the incident. There is absolute minimal effort to get out of the way.

Mings and Elphick should be the central defensive duo for Aston Villa against Sheffield Utd, live on Sky tonight.

Should Sheff United win, then they will go top of the Championship. The third leader in 7 days. It’s very exciting at the top of the Championship with any number of clubs still in with a very good chance of making the play-offs.

Also looking forward to this one to see Elphick and Mings.

Apparently Elphick is only playing due to injury to their first choice right sided centre back so he’s got a point to prove.

Villa have done kids for a quid to make sure the stadium isn’t empty for the telly.

Also looking forward to this one to see Elphick and Mings.

Apparently Elphick is only playing due to injury to their first choice right sided centre back so he’s got a point to prove.

Villa have done kids for a quid to make sure the stadium isn’t empty for the telly.

Elphick has been playing well since he returned from Hull, before that the jury was very much out on him from the villa fans. He’s a very competent championship defender though.

;