Tyrone Mings

Mings looked utterly dominant in that game (parts I saw anyway). Reminded me a bit of Van Dijk. Every time the camera pans back, you see Mings standing there and a Sheffield forward lying on the ground at his feet.
Looked very confident with the ball as well (and the goal won't hurt his confidence any).

Villa fans are loving Ming’s on they’re forum ...big difference between championship and PL though .

Check out @AVFCOfficial’s Tweet:
Villa fan's responses to this suggest that they want to sign him and reckon they'll have to pay loads more than £7m. Early days of course and like any set of fans they'll turn fickle if he has a few bad games but it would suggest to me that a loan move was a good idea - whether we have him back to play for us or sell him for a fair whack.

Well if he keeps playing like he has been, we'd be idiots not to take him back -- unless of course there are non-football reasons for his lack of 'success' at AFCB.
However: how many really good, PL-quality 6'4" defenders are there in the world? You can't just buy one of these, no matter how much money you have. So as SDD points out, we either bring him back, or sell for a LOT. He signed a new, "long-term" contract in Sep 2017 so he's not getting away for cheap.

Well if he keeps playing like he has been, we'd be idiots not to take him back -- unless of course there are non-football reasons for his lack of 'success' at AFCB.
However: how many really good, PL-quality 6'4" defenders are there in the world? You can't just buy one of these, no matter how much money you have. So as SDD points out, we either bring him back, or sell for a LOT. He signed a new, "long-term" contract in Sep 2017 so he's not getting away for cheap.
Apologies . . . he's 6'5"!! An inch taller than Van Dijk.

;