Tyrone Mings

I am happy that you are all happy. I have nothing against him or Villa to be honest. I still don't think he is England quality yet....I also agree with DJ above, it does appear Southgate can be swayed by how the media get behind certain players and ignore others. Another example off the top of my head....Will Hughes at Watford....great player....never had a media campaign to big him up....never called up.
.Will Hughes at Watford. :rofl:

I think come the end of the season his price tag will be seen as a bargain. He is a top defender.

The idea that southgate has been swayed by the media sounds like sour grapes to me. If he was that easily swayed Grealish would be in.

Mings deserves the chance. Not many english central defenders who have his athleticism.

I think come the end of the season his price tag will be seen as a bargain. He is a top defender.

The idea that southgate has been swayed by the media sounds like sour grapes to me. If he was that easily swayed Grealish would be in.

Mings deserves the chance. Not many english central defenders who have his athleticism.
Not many decent english central defenders full stop.

at villa mings is in his favoured position so he will be better rather then being shoehorned into our defence, as it's been mentioned already you cant compare him to cook as cook plays on the right side and there was no way he was gonna replace Ake unless he was injured, so villa is the perfect fit for him to show what he can do. so far he hasn't been outstanding but potentionally one of the best left sided English defenders so far this season. he can improve as well with his run of games and hopefully for him and villa with the news of his injection before the match he doesn't do more harm instead of resting. I still think we got a good deal when he was sold as villa feel they got a good deal

Yep he was that crap he got the England call up,just shows being bang average pays off doesn't it mate.

Conceding 2 goals in 15 mins against a tinpot outfit like Bournemouth FC is hardly setting the world on fire.

To suggest that he was here for so long and when fit was still not chosen as not indicating his ability compared to the other defenders at this club is bizarre.

He deserves a chance after a handful of premier league games? Really ?

Why not?

Think Mount deserves his chance as well. Southgate clearly has seen attributes in Mings that he likes. Watched him last year and someone from the england setup has been to all 3 villa games so far.

I think Southgate is sending a message to English players in that if you play well you will get a chance. Not saying that Mings is going to be a regular in the side from here on in but he has played well this season and deserves a shot.

I like mings and wanted him to stay if ake went. Think it suited both parties that he did leave though and I expect mings is a different player than pre his loan at villa: more confident, fitter with regular games (both helped by playing outside prem), and I expect he is more determined to prove himself than at Afcb when he was stuck on sidelines. That’s no slight on Eddie or Afcb. I posted on another thread that vs Everton he made a handful of awful errors that he got away with and a lot of good stuff. Thus lacks consistency for England although his best phases of play make him capable at that level. Time will tell.

Mings reminds me of Zubar. Very spectacular in everything he does and always appears dominant.

Good defenders just get on with the job and don’t get noticed

;