VAR

Out of all the controversial ones they could have shown and analysed they chose one that, to be fair, would have been difficult for the “on field officials” to see and thus the “video assistant referees” missed it too.

Whatever they say they still get loads wrong. as is highlighted after nearly every game,
they need to get someone who is competent enough to judge what is actually happening on the pitch.
Players taken down from behind and no card shown is another foul that players get away with.

Out of all the controversial ones they could have shown and analysed they chose one that, to be fair, would have been difficult for the “on field officials” to see and thus the “video assistant referees” missed it too.
They should have shown the west ham goal at the London stadium, hand ball before they scored, or Jeff's punch

They spent about 4 solid minutes looking at Kane’s dive, and yet our player getting punched in the face warrants 20 seconds and no on field review. The system stinks. What’s worse is that all the “VAR tables” have us as having only lost 1 point because of VAR, West Ham have apparently lost 7. How in the **************** is that possible? They just don’t care about our decisions so all of our worst ones get skated over and not counted.
Off top of my head

Brentford home 2 pens 2 points
Brentford away - Toney fucking cheat
Fulham away where do I start 2 poss 3 pens plus scandalous penalty to a cheating Mitrovic 2 points
Southampton home, not a pen for me, but clearly was based in those given against us - 1 point
Southampton away, see Southampton at home
Newcastle away 2 points
Brighton away Ouattara penalty - 1 point but we would have won probably if we had gone 1 up
WHU away - beyond commenting on
Forest away - we win anyway but Kelly decision was worst of the lot

Chelsea home, pen on Solanke, probably cost us 3 points

Palace away we deserved nothing but red card would have changed game, we might have had a shot on target

Arsenal away was the only game we had reasonable decisions, not that I thought any of them were penalties, but we lost anyway

I think it's reasonable to say 6+ points, but you could easily make a case for double that and we haven't had one single point as a benefit in any game.

What's most frustrating with our VAR decisions this year, is most of them I don't blame the on field ref (other than the Forest checking monitor one, was that the only one he didn't change his mind?) as they were, for the most part, difficult to see in real time. Lerma's punch to the face was at a corner, Silva's foul on Solanke looked like a good tackle to me at first view.

Then the VAR technology kicks in, as it was designed to, as the ref missed it. Somehow they then manage to not see it differently. Over the course of the season I have gradually moved from incompetence to corrupt. Leeds fan I know feels the same. Although being Leeds, it's a bit funny.

VAR is a tool to assist the officials, the people who operate VAR get the decisions wrong. Time to disband the PGMOL.

Hopefully the owners will start supporting their fans, players and managers who suffer from these bad decisions and start calling for a new approach to making officials on and off field accountable.

The officials are all tools and most are unable to operate VAR!

Was really hoping they would cover the punch on Jeff at the weekend, as there is absolutely zero excuse for VAR not to send the ref to the monitor which would have resulted in a certain red card for the Palace player.

The PGMOL fanboys have been keeping a low profile in this debate.

The job of the var officials isnt to interpret the rules it is to notify the match officials that some on field action should be checked by the on field officials.

Punching someone in the face is a red card offence with or without a swing of the arm.

Reference the Ivan Toney one against Senesi, it appears to be stated that it wasn't part of the penalty scenario when Toney inadvertently linked arms and fell over, but it should have been a foul against Toney.

The PGMOL fanboys have been keeping a low profile in this debate.

The job of the var officials isnt to interpret the rules it is to notify the match officials that some on field action should be checked by the on field officials.

Punching someone in the face is a red card offence with or without a swing of the arm.

There are no PGMOL fanboys. Nobody other than you gives any thought to the specific organisation that governs referees, they just see referee and VAR errors and want it sorted. It makes no odds to the average football supporter whether it's the PGMOL, RA or RSPCA that sorts out the issues.

The referee for the game at Selhurst Park, only this time on VAR.

With the match only seven minutes in and the score 0-0, the on-field referee Chris Kavanagh initially awarded Newcastle a penalty after he saw a fierce shot by Bruno Guimaraes appear to hit the arm of Arsenal defender Jakob Kiwior in the penalty area.

However, as the video above shows, the VAR for the match, Michael Salisbury, and his assistant VAR, Scott Ledger, reviewed the footage in the VAR hub and advised Kavanagh that they thought it should not be a penalty.

The slow-motion replays showed the ball first made contact with Kiwior's thigh. Kiwior was also tucking his arm into his side, rather than extending it out.

Kavanagh overturned his penalty decision and awarded Arsenal a drop-ball as he is meant to under the Laws of the game.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3352782

The referee for the game at Selhurst Park, only this time on VAR.

With the match only seven minutes in and the score 0-0, the on-field referee Chris Kavanagh initially awarded Newcastle a penalty after he saw a fierce shot by Bruno Guimaraes appear to hit the arm of Arsenal defender Jakob Kiwior in the penalty area.

However, as the video above shows, the VAR for the match, Michael Salisbury, and his assistant VAR, Scott Ledger, reviewed the footage in the VAR hub and advised Kavanagh that they thought it should not be a penalty.

The slow-motion replays showed the ball first made contact with Kiwior's thigh. Kiwior was also tucking his arm into his side, rather than extending it out.

Kavanagh overturned his penalty decision and awarded Arsenal a drop-ball as he is meant to under the Laws of the game.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3352782

Pretty sure that Lerma conceded a penalty reinforced by VAR from a close range deflection from his thigh.

seeing all the madness, complication, chitty chatty panic crap that goes on with the var stuff just proves to me what a ridiculous implementation we have ended up with. I just feel sorry for the ref (as always) - its all just making an already difficult job even more impossible by just giving him even more to think about. maybe I'm just speaking for my own brain, but it can only deal with a certain amount of things to think about at any one time (normally one), and the amount of information, rules, gadgets etc now is not helping. I liken it to all the crap gizmos that are in cars now - so many toys, the average person certainly does not need it all, but more importantly it detracts from actually driving safely. I'm sure geeks will disagree, and thats var in essence.

I think they should have referees in another country looking at it. Italy for example and we can reciprocate for them.

There’s no way in its current state that unconscious bias can’t slip in. Teams that have been wronged before (West Ham) balanced up. Refs looking at teams they might have grown up hating. Less favouring of big teams which is the main issue for us.

I don’t believe there are a load of Bournemouth haters out there but as the smallest team in the division fan base wise we are the easiest team to upset. Give a bad decision against us and it doesn’t even get talked about on match for the day. Give one against Man City, Pep goes mad and it’s talked about on all media for weeks and to the detriment of the referees on field career. It’s human nature they will be less likely to do this.

Take it out the country and a lot of this goes away. Our refs won’t feel undermined if they are given Italian games as a replacement.

;