VAR

I think they should have referees in another country looking at it. Italy for example and we can reciprocate for them.

There’s no way in its current state that unconscious bias can’t slip in. Teams that have been wronged before (West Ham) balanced up. Refs looking at teams they might have grown up hating. Less favouring of big teams which is the main issue for us.

I don’t believe there are a load of Bournemouth haters out there but as the smallest team in the division fan base wise we are the easiest team to upset. Give a bad decision against us and it doesn’t even get talked about on match for the day. Give one against Man City, Pep goes mad and it’s talked about on all media for weeks and to the detriment of the referees on field career. It’s human nature they will be less likely to do this.

Take it out the country and a lot of this goes away. Our refs won’t feel undermined if they are given Italian games as a replacement.
You must really hate the Italians Neil !
:p

There’s no way in its current state that unconscious bias can’t slip in. Teams that have been wronged before (West Ham) balanced up. Refs looking at teams they might have grown up hating. Less favouring of big teams which is the main issue for us.

I don’t believe there are a load of Bournemouth haters out there but as the smallest team in the division fan base wise we are the easiest team to upset. Give a bad decision against us and it doesn’t even get talked about on match for the day. Give one against Man City, Pep goes mad and it’s talked about on all media for weeks and to the detriment of the referees on field career. It’s human nature they will be less likely to do this.

I agree and think this is reinforced by the fact that the one VAR error they chose to highlight last night was against us. Far less likely to be a lot of noise on the back of it.

“I said straight away that this will be overturned when I saw the angle of the ball hitting his thigh.
“I’m not even convinced it hit his hand.
“If it does then it certainly comes off his body first.
“Once the VAR looked at it I was quite confident they would send him to the screen.
“I was equally confident he would overturn it.”

Oh wait wrong one...

the refs boss on TS now being asked about the lerma incident. just gave a load of absolute waffle, avoided answering it. did slightly admit it was an error.

Finally seems to be dawning on people around the game that we've been screwed all season. Just in time for the summer break when everyone can forget about it again.

Still at least we're going to get all sorts of favourable decisions against, errr, Man United...

I agree and think this is reinforced by the fact that the one VAR error they chose to highlight last night was against us. Far less likely to be a lot of noise on the back of it.

Yea had they shown one v Man C/U etc more fuss would have been made .

Or a decision which affected a team that could still go down or not get into Europe etc .

And certainly weren’t going to show one which even the PGMOL apologised for as that would have caused great embarrassment.

Not sure if Howard Webb mentioned this on Sky Sports but on the global feed programe regarding VAR he mentioned VAR only goes off what is provided to them by the broadcaster. So if the broadcaster only provides them with selected angles then, is VAR is being controlled by the broadcaster?

There are no PGMOL fanboys. Nobody other than you gives any thought to the specific organisation that governs referees, they just see referee and VAR errors and want it sorted. It makes no odds to the average football supporter whether it's the PGMOL, RA or RSPCA that sorts out the issues.
Flawed analysis.
The performance of officials is the responsibility of the PGMOL. Ditching var while keeping pgmol in charge of officials won't solve the problem.

Bleating on about var won't change anything

Flawed analysis.
The performance of officials is the responsibility of the PGMOL. Ditching var while keeping pgmol in charge of officials won't solve the problem.

Bleating on about var won't change anything

As opposed to your one-man PGMOL bleating marathon that has changed so much.

;