Villa - The verdict

AlGard

UTC Legend
Controlled that first 45 minutes, but sitting back too deep made for a nervous 2nd half.
To be fair it was a cracking Villa goal that they deserved for their efforts,
but the 3 points was just about deserved.

Harry Wilson faded 2nd half, but great debut.
King and C. Wilson were 100% better than last week.

Ramsdale is cementing his No1 spot.

Glad we won that as we are only likely to get a point next week....maybe!

A happy weekend indeed.

Villa Park was insanely loud at the start of the game. Rarely heard a premier league ground louder.
Quietened down a bit after the pen.
Turned into the Emirates after our second.
And you should have heard the brummies moaning at the end - they really thought they were going to give us a dicking. I think reality is setting in.

Made 3/4 chances when we'd not created much for ten minutes before he came on. I've said it before but this lad could be a Kermorgant type missing link that turns us into a very good side.
Yep we hadn’t looked a threat or held the ball up for a while until he came on. Very impressive and completely agree he could be the missing link.

Do like billing and lerma and if we could put cook or brooks in the middle of them I think we would have power and creativity especially with brooks vision and passing

Reactions: OBX
Here is a question...

You want to take a shortcut home after a night out.
The only way to do this is by crossing a bridge patrolled by Lerma and Billing.
Do you..
A.) Risk the bridge
B.) Walk the 10 miles round to avoid an obvious battering.?
C.) Jump off the bridge....

Not sure how billing didn't get 2 yellows in the first half. I think the first was for dissent, and apart from about 3 or 4 fouls for which anyone could have been a yellow, he also had another go at the ref. Not so clever!

Here is a question...

Do you..
A.) Risk the bridge

I would have hired Lerma and Billing, at extortionate rates, to be the baby and pet sitters for the evening.

Thus enabling us to have an excellent and worry-free night out safe
in the knowledge that the kids, dogs and cat will be both well protected and also learn the meaning of respect and discipline to boot.:grinning:

ps and I would have bunged in an extra tenner to hire Rantie as Uncle Farty to provide the comedy balloon twisting to keep all amused.

Here is a question...

Do you..
A.) Risk the bridge
Sounds like Nairobi at night with the traffic police trying to get their cash, easier and cheaper to get a hotel.

;