Wanted - an onfield leader

But not really anyone since Tommy. Jason Pearce was a good captain despite his tender years, Soupa is just him, so yeah. I think Lewis Cook could be that guy, he's super competitive, has worn the armband for Leeds and England (age groups) but with him not playing recently you wonder if he has the respect of his team mates

Need to recruit IMO. We don't have an onfield leader in the squad - and the youngsters (Ofobohr, Kilkenny) are not ready yet. So let's spend on a more experienced midfielder with some energy and drive. This could also fill a big gap in terms of midfield resources ... IMO our porous midfield has been the biggest reason for conceding buckets of goals in recent seasons.

Will Lerma stay? With a strong creative midfielder alongside him we'd be a serious proposition next season.

Onfield Leader is the biggy...

....missing from last season....and the fact that it might be true that Eddie was ' over managing ' off the field.. so by the time they got on it...they were mystified by magic theories!

But not really anyone since Tommy. Jason Pearce was a good captain despite his tender years, Soupa is just him, so yeah. I think Lewis Cook could be that guy, he's super competitive, has worn the armband for Leeds and England (age groups) but with him not playing recently you wonder if he has the respect of his team mates

I quite liked Franno as a Captain, although with him becoming more of a squad player it should really be someone playing week in week out. Same reason I wouldn't choose Surman.

Until we know the squad and the manager it's difficult to say who that should be but the Championship could be the opportunity for someone like Lewis to step up.

;