Watering

We Water the pitch...after the wettest bloody February for years ?...some of the hierarchy at DC have some serious problems ! Jesus Christ.

What a stupid thing. Beggars belief.

We Water the pitch...after the wettest bloody February for years ?...some of the hierarchy at DC have some serious problems ! Jesus Christ.

What a stupid thing. Beggars belief.
The pitches are built to drain well so the amount of February rain isn’t really relevant

The reasons for watering are, according to something I’ve just googled:

To prevent knee injuries and preserve the players’ physical integrity longer. A tough ground stresses the ligaments of the knees too much. A wet ground is softer.
To make the match faster and more beautiful to watch. Wet grass offers less resistance to the rolling of the ball (less attrition because water works as a lubricant) which makes it easier to achieve precise long-distance ground-level pass. On an irregular and tough field, the only way to achieve long-distance passes is overpassing (kicking the ball high) which is harder for the receiver (he has to head the ball or control the ball on his chest) and for the kicker (less precision overall).

The pitches are built to drain well so the amount of February rain isn’t really relevant

The reasons for watering are, according to something I’ve just googled:

To prevent knee injuries and preserve the players’ physical integrity longer. A tough ground stresses the ligaments of the knees too much. A wet ground is softer.
To make the match faster and more beautiful to watch. Wet grass offers less resistance to the rolling of the ball (less attrition because water works as a lubricant) which makes it easier to achieve precise long-distance ground-level pass. On an irregular and tough field, the only way to achieve long-distance passes is overpassing (kicking the ball high) which is harder for the receiver (he has to head the ball or control the ball on his chest) and for the kicker (less precision overall).
Well,I doubt any PL pitch is tough or irregular or that there have been fewer knee injuries but that aside I think it has cost us at least a couple of games so far.

But why do it in this weather...more than enough rain ..there's no f√cking roof !
Because modern pitches are designed for water to drain through extremely quickly. There is virtually no soil just a sandy base. They need constant watering and many clubs recycle the water over and over.

Well (no pun intended)....the ol' 'watering' certainly worked well for Dom today eh ? ....bringing us back to why the subject cropped up !

We water the pitch to help move the ball quicker, but there is something wrong as the players are slipping, solanke had studs in his boots when he slipped second half. I always thought it was because our players were wearing blades.

;