Watford - The Verdict.

Just on a random note, so far this season we have the joint 7th best defence in the league. A better defence than Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs. Been a couple of bullshit goals in there as well.

Not bad at all considering our history.

lol Rogers would give his right bolloc to sign Ake tbf.........it has to be said though that as far as performance barometers go this is up there with Druss's results calculator.

So change 4 out of 11, swap formations and thats 'proof' we should be as good as Leicester!

West Moors Cherry said he would change formation so I accommodated it. Im not stupid it’s a hypothetical exercise but I don’t personally think there is too much difference between the first teams.

lol Rogers would give his right bolloc to sign Ake tbf.........it has to be said though that as far as performance barometers go this is up there with Druss's results calculator.
It is a hypothetical exercise. Nobody is denying that. It has a route in reality though. We have a better squad than Plymouth but not Bayern Munich. The way you judge this is who in their squads is better than ours as it is the only way.
I think there are several interchangeable players between us and Leicester but largely the squad qualities are the same.
Maybe I have too high an opinion of our players ability.

I'm looking to forward to hearing about any Leicester fan that wants any of our players over their own, other than Ake and a fit Brooks.
Just as we don’t want many of theirs, they won’t want many of ours... sign the squads are equal but we prefer the ones we watch every day.
I live just above Leicester in the week they have been very interested before when they heard they were in for Ake, Wilson, Fraser and Brooks. If they knew Lerma do you not think they would want him? It’s just that they don’t know him... hence why they wouldn’t choose him.
Do you think Leicester’s first team is much better than ours TMFC?

C, Wilson, King, Ake, Brooks, Lerma, L. Cook, A. Smith and Fraser (when he isn't sulking), IMO, are players that would get into most starting XIs outside the top 6. And then a lot of them could easily play for a top 6 team as well.

Leicester, at this moment in time and IMHO, may as well be considered a top 4 team. In terms of the style of play, the talent of the squad as a cohesive unit, and the manager, they are outperforming the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and United quite comfortably.

Leicester, at this moment in time and IMHO, may as well be considered a top 4 team. In terms of the style of play, the talent of the squad as a cohesive unit, and the manager, they are outperforming the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and United quite comfortably.
This is the key paragraph. They are set up properly. They have abandoned the 4-4-2 with no possession and moved to a modern 4-3-3 with high press and dominating possession. It has transformed them as a team from mid table to top four. Yet.... had we beaten Norwich and Watford and Sheff U we would be 1 point behind them. With our squad had we set up right none of those three results was beyond us? Unless people are going to tell me our squad is now worse than those three squads...

This is the key paragraph. They are set up properly. They have abandoned the 4-4-2 with no possession and moved to a modern 4-3-3 with high press and dominating possession. It has transformed them as a team from mid table to top four. Yet.... had we beaten Norwich and Watford and Sheff U we would be 1 point behind them. With our squad had we set up right none of those three results was beyond us? Unless people are going to tell me our squad is now worse than those three squads...
A modern 433 you say....is there such a thing?....how is it any different to the 433 the Dutch played in the 1960s?

A modern 433 you say....is there such a thing?....how is it any different to the 433 the Dutch played in the 1960s?
High press... or gegenpress. Keeps the side pushed up and stops it becoming a 4-5-1 too often. Klopp accredited with developing it at Dortmund but that’s disputable... certainly a last eight year development though. It’s been key to 4-3-3 resurgence as with that many forwards the defending has to start with them.

Chilwell for Rico. Vardy for Wilson. Tielemans for Danjuma and Maddison for Fraser. (And like you say a formation change

Ask me the same question about Liverpool and ours are all gone.

This to me shows that when on form we should be as good as Leicester. If we were on form we would have beaten Norwich, West Ham and Watford and held on to beat Sheff U. Then we would have had the same points as Leicester. Reality is you have an off day I agree but we definitely should have beaten the bottom two in our last two outings.

That’s my point.

I don't disagree. We came within a whisker of beating 2 of them, even not being on form.

High press... or gegenpress. Keeps the side pushed up and stops it becoming a 4-5-1 too often. Klopp accredited with developing it at Dortmund but that’s disputable... certainly a last eight year development though. It’s been key to 4-3-3 resurgence as with that many forwards the defending has to start with them.
I thought the high press was invented by Jackie Charlton,,,,,,,,:p......it fairness its been around for donkeys years,,,,the great Liverpool side of the 80s were fantastic at it.......nothing in football is ever new.....just recycled.

Fair enough. I’d rather have Ake personally but it’s all subjective!
It is indeed and in fairness to Ake maybe he would look an even better player in a stronger defensive unit which Leicester undoubtedly are, whereas put Johnny Evans in our team and he might struggle, it’s difficult to make comparisons when the two styles differ so significantly.

;