Watford v AFC Bournemouth

I said he's done well since he's been given the gloves - something I was one of the very few people to call for pre season I might add.

He needs to improve on how he deals with longshots in my opinion though. It seems everyone either has to be graded 10/10 or 0/10 these days.
...and a warm welcome to this m/b to Neil Moss's new assistant...

...and a warm welcome to this m/b to Neil Moss's new assistant...

Look I've said five times that I'm no keeper and also have said that none of us can really comment on goalkeeping if we aren't. However, bego parries longshots unconvincing all the time and you don't see other keepers doing that as often. Why?

This only came up after two people said you couldn't possibly criticise begovic after watching today's game. He made a brilliant save one on one but he also was less than brilliant on two longshots. Just asking for a bit of balance rather than this insistence that performance are either 10/10 or 0/10.

Look I've said five times that I'm no keeper and also have said that none of us can really comment on goalkeeping if we aren't. However, bego parries longshots unconvincing all the time and you don't see other keepers doing that as often. Why?

This only came up after two people said you couldn't possibly criticise begovic after watching today's game. He made a brilliant save one on one but he also was less than brilliant on two longshots. Just asking for a bit of balance rather than this insistence that performance are either 10/10 or 0/10.
Listening to Kris and Willo. I think conditions played a huge part today.

Kris: We're sat at the back of the stand and my notes are damp.

Kris: Willo's team sheet has just blown away.

Both of those long shots, the ball was moving in the air. A behind goal camera clearly showed it.

Bloke doesn't catch ball like he allegedly should shocker...I think by now we know what he's like, he's 33, he ain't perfect ( and he probably won't change) but neither are the rest of them...hence they're still here.

Listening to Kris and Willo. I think conditions played a huge part today.

Kris: We're sat at the back of the stand and my notes are damp.

Kris: Willo's team sheet has just blown away.

Both of those long shots, the ball was moving in the air. A behind goal camera clearly showed it.

Bloke doesn't catch ball like he allegedly should shocker...I think by now we know what he's like, he's 33, he ain't perfect ( and he probably won't change) but neither are the rest of them...hence they're still here.

These are fair points. I should reiterate that I think he's doing well and I'm glad we've got him. Obviously I don't think he's beyond criticism though.

Watford fans are a muggy streak of piss, they always go full tard.

When you read things like this you wonder what their daily lives are like.

"All I’m going to say is, we need to up our gamesmanship in this league. Cheating scum like Bournemouth get away with it, and the ref proved today they won’t do anything about it.

I hope on the return fixture we kick the crap out of them. Break a few of their players legs and send a few of them to retirement with career ending injuries.

On a different note, we have got to be in the refs face more in this league. Those challenges need our whole squad and bench to go ballistic at the officials on and off the pitch. Then walking down the tunnel requires some more intimidation. Sometimes we’re too nice to a fault. Got to start playing that game. "

One that every opponent will be evaluating.
Yes, that is the problem with three at the back if the other team has a midfielder able to play long balls into the corners with nippy wingers able to run on to it. It has happened to us in the past when we have dabbled with it. I remember a game at DC against Swindon many moons ago (when Hoddle was manager?) when they kept getting behind us just like that.

When you read things like this you wonder what their daily lives are like.

"All I’m going to say is, we need to up our gamesmanship in this league. Cheating scum like Bournemouth get away with it, and the ref proved today they won’t do anything about it.

I hope on the return fixture we kick the crap out of them. Break a few of their players legs and send a few of them to retirement with career ending injuries.

On a different note, we have got to be in the refs face more in this league. Those challenges need our whole squad and bench to go ballistic at the officials on and off the pitch. Then walking down the tunnel requires some more intimidation. Sometimes we’re too nice to a fault. Got to start playing that game. "

They probably forget we often had the worse discipline record in the PL quite often and we used to always moan to the ref -to a point they just got fed up of us and ignored it eventually.

;