Wee-man out foxes Leicester...

I'm yet to make my mind up about Rico. He looks exciting at times, especially with his link up play and delivery, but when he has to defend it just makes me a little nervous. I know that the game is moving on from defensive fullbacks, but even so. I would definitely keep playing him, especially given our strong form and appealing next few fixtures, because maybe he will grow into it and become more solid, but when it comes to the Utd, City, Liv month I think that's a good time to assess how far he's come. I appreciate that Daniel's has his flaws too, of course, so the answer isn't a simple yes or no.

Rico will be a big player for us. He’s already played against some of the best in the world in Spain. He’ll take a little while to adapt to the pace of the game here. It felt like Leicester knew this and were targetting him with the press in the earlier phase of the game. He kept his head together and barring the penalty he gave away he grew into the game.

Yet to make up my mind on all of our new players. Everyone is so far so good but they have only played a handful of games between them.

Didn't someone say that we got 11 points from these fixtures last season, so technically we're behind I suppose. But yeah it feels good, and it looks good too. First half yesterday was like the Championship again

You can never truly compare one season to any other anyway. Totally unique situations, different players, different dates, different weather, different officials....!

I think the fact that people are calling West Ham, Everton, Chelsea and Leicester an 'easy' start suggests we're seeing our expectations raised. Before a ball was kicked I would have thought they were all quite difficult games.

This!

If I can share this - A number of weeks ago I was sitting in a bar in Manchester (the Oyster Bar, 2 pints of Lager and change from a fiver, tell them Audenshaw).
Two slightly inebriated guys rock up and ask to share the table. It transpires they where down for the Burnley v Aberdeen game. We got into conversation, really good actually, them saying how they will never be able to compete with Celtic on finances and how they travel all over watching Aberdeen.
THEN they ask who do you support. AFCB I say
" you robbing Bas~~~ds" one of them says. They sat chatting a bit longer, well one did,, the other just sat there shaking his head, you robbing Bas~~~~s.
They got up to go and find the rest of the Aberdeen supporters somewhere in Manchester. I have this everlasting memory of the guys wobbling off up the road, arms over each others shoulders, one still shaking his head blurting out " you robbing Bas~~~~s"
Great guys who knew a long time ago the potential of "the wee man"

If I can share this - A number of weeks ago I was sitting in a bar in Manchester (the Oyster Bar, 2 pints of Lager and change from a fiver, tell them Audenshaw).
Two slightly inebriated guys rock up and ask to share the table. It transpires they where down for the Burnley v Aberdeen game. We got into conversation, really good actually, them saying how they will never be able to compete with Celtic on finances and how they travel all over watching Aberdeen.
THEN they ask who do you support. AFCB I say
" you robbing Bas~~~ds" one of them says. They sat chatting a bit longer, well one did,, the other just sat there shaking his head, you robbing Bas~~~~s.
They got up to go and find the rest of the Aberdeen supporters somewhere in Manchester. I have this everlasting memory of the guys wobbling off up the road, arms over each others shoulders, one still shaking his head blurting out " you robbing Bas~~~~s"
Great guys who knew a long time ago the potential of "the wee man"

Love the story, £400K wasn't a bad price for a 17 year though. More fool Aberdeen for not putting in appearance clauses etc etc.

;