Well I admit that wasn't great but.....

bigfatolly

Star Player
Sarcastic cheering when Surman finally made a pass to Brad Smiths feet,and cheering when Benik Afobe was subbed?<br />I would like to think we as fans are better than that.<br />Some of the moaning and groaning and vitriol aimed at the likes of Afobe,Mousset,B Smith and Surman today was embarrassing.<br />We really are acting like Premier League brats now.

bigfatolly - 6/1/2018 18:38

Sarcastic cheering when Surman finally made a pass to Brad Smiths feet,and cheering when Benik Afobe was subbed?<br />I would like to think we as fans are better than that.<br />Some of the moaning and groaning and vitriol aimed at the likes of Afobe,Mousset,B Smith and Surman today was embarrassing.<br />We really are acting like Premier League brats now.

Agreed.

Now here's set of fans with something to moan about.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42519525

11 players who really don't look fussed.

Gone by Monday.

Solent said there were 4000 new fans there today based on ticket office sales / data base stuff.

If thats the future :hihi:

bloke next to me reckoned Wison was our worst player first half. looked bewildered when pointed out he wasn't playing.

Embarrassing and pathetic. I'm sure we'll get "you have to give the supporters something to cheer about" as an excuse. But the fans were shocking today.

Bloke next to me was a Newcastle fan (I asked him) and the geezer in front never looked up from his phone. Never seen either of them before, I doubt we will ever meet again.

bruce red - 6/1/2018 18:56

There were some very odd and extremely quiet people sitting around me. Even looked at me when I shouted.

Somebody on the Echo is moaning about the language in the North Stand.......ffs :eyes:

I half missed their first goal because most of the crowd near me had about as much idea about where they should be as our back four did.

That said, some of the abuse directed towards Afobe, Surman, Smith etc seemed to be from a more familiar source.

Funilly enough some folk near me were that busy giving Ibe grief for nearly losing the ball they were interrupted by him playing a brilliant reverse pass to Wee Man on the bye line - Jordon could at least wait until people finish abusing him before he does something decent because he made a lot of fans look like idiots there.
:hihi:

Happened more than once too.

I don't think the worst offenders will be this 'new 4k'....we have heard about idiots booing and hurling abuse for most of the season. We definitely do have some absolute bottomholes among our support, just need to see some of the posts on Twitter too for proof.

Yes, to be clear - all newcomers welcome as far as I'm concerned. To be fair to those that didn't know where their seats were there were no stewards there at the start because they were all outside helping with the queues, which is why many were late in.

The chuckles and cheering at Surman completing that pass to Smith successfully was in response to the same pass going awry a few times and the away fans sarcastically cheering. The away end was audibly preparing to cheer for the same result, only for the pass to stick this time, so we cheered instead.

You're not telling me Boscombe centre forwards back in lower Leagues, who put in as little effort as Afobe did today, wouldn't have got any stick. Of course they did, I remember Derek Holmes getting absolute pelters, for far better showings than Benik gave today. Not to mention Fletch at times particularly earlier on, who was always far and away more interested than Benik was today.

Despite the new faces, I still had the same know-it-all moron behind me, as I do every game.

If there’s any personal benefit to come from the new stadium, it’s the opportunity I’ll have to distance myself from his brain-vomit.

(I appreciate I have the option to move, but I like my seat, so I put up with it. Knowing my luck, he’ll end up moving with me.)

chezza - 6/1/2018 20:09

Despite the new faces, I still had the same know-it-all moron behind me, as I do every game.

If there’s any personal benefit to come from the new stadium, it’s the opportunity I’ll have to distance myself from his brain-vomit.

(I appreciate I have the option to move, but I like my seat, so I put up with it. Knowing my luck, he’ll end up moving with me.)

Well I know it wasn't me.........I was in the East Stand today !!

northstandmark - 6/1/2018 19:14

...who put in as little effort as Afobe did today...

I genuinely don’t think it’s an effort issue. Nor does a professional become a bad footballer overnight. I just think he has a chronic confidence problem right now, in a world where he’s second best to the play that’s going on around him.

I’m not sure what he needs in order to improve (which is why I’m not a coach), but it’s certainly not for a lack of trying.

chezza - 6/1/2018 20:13

I genuinely don’t think it’s an effort issue. Nor does a professional become a bad footballer overnight. I just think he has a chronic confidence problem right now, in a world where he’s second best to the play that’s going on around him.

I’m not sure what he needs in order to improve (which is why I’m not a coach), but it’s certainly not for a lack of trying.

Not down to lack of confidence, simply lack of ability. Plenty of innefective running around with absolutely no coordination and little ball control. Would regularly have Mousset on the bench over Afobe any day. I hope we can find a taker for him in the Jan transfer window.

afcbgraz - 6/1/2018 20:42

chezza - 6/1/2018 20:13

Not down to lack of confidence, simply lack of ability. Plenty of innefective running around with absolutely no coordination and little ball control. Would regularly have Mousset on the bench over Afobe any day. I hope we can find a taker for him in the Jan transfer window.

I haven't seen you post anything other than anti-Afobe comments yet.

If we do sell Afobe the revisionists will tell you what a failed signing he's been. This isn't true - he was key to us staying up in the last two seasons and whatever happens from now on he's been a successful signing.

;