Well I admit that wasn't great but.....

I get the impression that today's managers, young players and younger fans don't really understand the FA cup and its giant killing tendency. It was entirely predictable that Wigan were capable of a draw before a ball was kicked. Leaders of div one! The effing EFF A Cup godammit and Afcb with an unsettled half-changed team! What do you expect.? If you add to that a crowd that does not, on many occasions get behind the team, as does for example Swansea ,its a recipe for disaster!

Sat in a different seat today and the abuse Ibe took was among the worst I’ve ever heard in over 21 years of going to DC. I dread to think what they’d have been like if he actually had had a bad game.

I don’t have a problem with the boos at HT or FT. I’m guilty of a bit of bad language myself too. But the pure hatred which comes out of some fans mouths every time the ball is within 10 yards of Ibe was embarrassing.

It's a shame that it can't be done practically without any trouble but I do wish the stewards could just remove these abusers from their seats and the club ban them. They must surely know if they were shouting abuse in the street, it wouldn't be accepted so why do they think it's ok in a stadium, with kids often nearby??

davygravy - 7/1/2018 12:50

It's a shame that it can't be done practically without any trouble but I do wish the stewards could just remove these abusers from their seats and the club ban them. They must surely know if they were shouting abuse in the street, it wouldn't be accepted so why do they think it's ok in a stadium, with kids often nearby??

Remove and ban fans from their seats because they're 'abusing' wealthy young footballers!? Spirit of Stalin is strong with this one. Get a grip man. And if parents choose to take children to football, especially in the NS and there is bad language, that's on their head, not mine or the Stewards.

...as long as I have known it football fans have been shouting,screaming,swearing, and generally being fired up watching games....take that away an we might as well go and watch rugby where everyone just yaks on about their social lives whilst there is a match going on!!

I would say if you want that change sports and go and follow rugger...last time I was at a Bath match every fifteen minutes or so the tannoy gets fired up with some jester shouting "come on Bath" to try and wake the crowd up I presume?

Ok Ok!! We have had more comments about abuse on here and social media than I ever remember and several people wanting to go and smack people nearby....was just an idea! I am not suggesting everyone who moans gets thrown out but some people are just WAY over the top. No need for it and it's not helping the team or the supporters at the minute.

As the manager and the team were clearly not up for it yesterday, it can be no surprise that the crowd vented their feelings for being conned out of their hard earned wages, to pay and witness that tripe.
However, after that late equaliser and given another 5 minutes the loyal supporters among the crowd that were left would have got behind the team and we would have got the winner.

;