We're good...

Yes, this is a serious situation that is bubbling up. We could soon end up with no defenders available to take the field.
God, it didn't take long for Mr doom and gloom to arrive. I expect we will replace Senesi if he gets suspended with Chris Mepham. Ever thought of that.
Anyway, back to last night, how did your predictions of no Kerkez and a flu ravaged squad go ? It was quite noticeable how much more tired we were than Palace as well, and they certainly made home advantage count.:rofl:

Agree first half performance was great thought we should have gone for them in the second half, love the fact we now look capable of scoring regularly the commentators were as usual biased Hodgson summed up the palace fans by saying they thought we only have to turn up to beat little old Bournemouth but little old Bournemouth are a very good side.

I thought Roy came across well in the interview.

I feel a bit for him with the run they've got coming up, and fans already seemingly toxic.
Agree. As I mentioned in the match day thread, IMO he actually prepared his side very well to try to neutralise us.
They were very physical and left very few gaps in behind, going into a dense low block any time we started to look threatening.
I'd say that it was clear that he'd done his homework on how we've been playing recently and I'd say that they did a better job of making our life difficult than the last few teams have managed.

No criticism of Roy due. They gave us a tough game but fortunately we managed to bundle in a couple of goals.

Agree first half performance was great thought we should have gone for them in the second half, love the fact we now look capable of scoring regularly the commentators were as usual biased Hodgson summed up the palace fans by saying they thought we only have to turn up to beat little old Bournemouth but little old Bournemouth are a very good side.
Yes. The booing at half-time made me think "What the heck were they expecting ?". It seemed clear that they seemed to think that this was going to be a nailed on easy home win for them.
Some people really need to get their heads out of their ar*ses and start using more than current league position to assess a team's form !!!
Clearly the CP fans have been living under a rock for the past month or so !

Last edited:
God, it didn't take long for Mr doom and gloom to arrive. I expect we will replace Senesi if he gets suspended with Chris Mepham. Ever thought of that.
Anyway, back to last night, how did your predictions of no Kerkez and a flu ravaged squad go ? It was quite noticeable how much more tired we were than Palace as well, and they certainly made home advantage count.:rofl:
Correct. I was totally wrong in this case and I have to say that I am extremely pleased that I was proved wrong.

Agree with this and I think Iraola, with his 'efficient' comment, was trying hard to not say we weren't very good in the second half... Mind you, he did say "we weren't brilliant"..

The first half, however, was a good display but you knew Palace would come out a better side after half time...But our 'efficient' display nullified them and it became a very flat affair for large parts, which suited us being 0-1 up...

A great result but we do really need to start being more clinical and stop putting us fans through it at just 1-0 :)

Should be a decent game up in Manchester at the weekend.
Good for AI to know though that we will still fight if we can’t impose our game plan. Plus he knows he has quality on the bench to change games - 3 subs combined for the decisive 2nd goal.

Also, need to recognise some teams like palace are tough to play against even if their home record isn’t great at the moment. I think luton may well offer us problems

One stat that jumped out last night was that we'd made significantly fewer passes than Palace. Our pass completion % was even less than theirs -73% which is relatively poor:

I think alot of this is because we are trying to make more technical, positive game changing passes, which are inherently higher risk. Despite the stats above (Palace also made and won more tackles) we were easily the more threatening of the 2 teams.

I suspect the main difference now is we're being more efficient with the ball, and pressing hard to force our opponents back without the ball.

The low block was good last night too.
I think Palace were quite successful 2nd half in reading / blocking off Lewis Cook’s passing options. Which l suppose with such a long-time midfield partner on the opposition you might expect

Too early, I suppose because injuries are a wild card, but, given the squad, what do we do in January?

Seems like we will have to shift a player or two if we bring in anyone new. The one that occurs to me is Brooksie. I don't get what about him does not please AI, but there must be something given the paucity of minutes.

He has been loyal to the club, much like the club was loyal to him. Does he need a loan out to get some playing time? Given his medical history, I am sure that he is one guy who understands the brevity of a playing career.

Too early, I suppose because injuries are a wild card, but, given the squad, what do we do in January?

Seems like we will have to shift a player or two if we bring in anyone new. The one that occurs to me is Brooksie. I don't get what about him does not please AI, but there must be something given the paucity of minutes.

He has been loyal to the club, much like the club was loyal to him. Does he need a loan out to get some playing time? Given his medical history, I am sure that he is one guy who understands the brevity of a playing career.
Unfortunately Brooks is a bit of a flair player. He’s never been high energy. He has the creative side to his game but tracking back and pressing are not really his bag.
Unfortunately for him, just as he got his fitness back, we changed to a completely different style of football that simply doesn’t suit his attributes.
He’d be a tremendous asset to many teams but I really can’t see him having much of a role in this team, as we are playing now, unfortunately.

;