West Ham friendly

Give me a scenario in which you’d say “we’ll done, JT, you’ve proved me wrong”

Same scenario with any manager we’ve had. If the squad they have out performs their talent. We’ve had times where just getting wins was an achievement... Eddies side out performed their talent, so did Mels and Sean’s at times and Harry’s promotion side. Managing a team to their abilities is what average managers do. If we play as a unit and individuals better than what we would expect, get back up and play well then JT would have proved me wrong. I never thought he would fail at this level with this excellent squad, I don’t think many managers would. I wanted a choice that signalled future PL ambition and I don’t think we have that. Hope I’m wrong!

Same scenario with any manager we’ve had. If the squad they have out performs their talent. We’ve had times where just getting wins was an achievement... Eddies side out performed their talent, so did Mels and Sean’s at times and Harry’s promotion side. Managing a team to their abilities is what average managers do. If we play as a unit and individuals better than what we would expect, get back up and play well then JT would have proved me wrong. I never thought he would fail at this level with this excellent squad, I don’t think many managers would. I wanted a choice that signalled future PL ambition and I don’t think we have that. Hope I’m wrong!
I think you may be right, there where some good points to the game but we always seem to loose control mid game. We can't keep a clean sheet, West Ham are not a top side even with some of their players on international duty. But a win is a win regardless.

I have given him credit, for bringing in an outside coach and for adopting the three up front the modern game has played for ages. That three up front yesterday being a 20m
Striker, a 15m striker who performed well at Champions league level and Junior Stanislas who as we know was excellent when fit in the Prem. Chuck in a 40m centre midfield, Lloyd Kelly at 12m, mepham similar, Rico was some cash too, Adam Smith, Steve Cook who would both be excellent in the PL this year etc etc... and you draw comparisons with Stoke? List there players on here!

We have a squad that should get automatic promotion with any manager...I don’t see how anyone can say otherwise. If we achieve that it will be par. Then we need to see if we have the right management set up for the PL.

Its an encouraging start. My post was a reply to people saying that id been quiet and asking what the word on the street was!
I'd say we have a first XI that's good enough to challenge but am not convinced by the strength in depth in the whole squad. I suspect (hope) we're looking at players to strengthen the squad overall alongside some of the youngsters. We're still missing a bit of craft in the middle of the park and will definitely need another striker. I think that Dom will do a decent enough job this season but I'm not sold on Surridge just yet. Not seen a huge amount of him to be fair.

I'd wait & see wot players we have left in our squad before making claims as to how good or bad it is! a long way to go yet maybe...

It’s not a reflection on that at all, I don’t hate anyone let alone a long standing club servant. What squads would you swap for ours out of interest?

Maybe one with a decent keeper, strikers who have scored any amount of goals whatsoever and strength in depth on the wings.

You've spent God knows how long saying how shite Solanke is and now he's the most talented striker in the Championship on account of your inflated transfer fee. Why the 180° about turn on him? Because that's the only way you can continue to be negative about afcb.

I think we *could* get automatic with the talent we have, we could certainly get top six but I wouldn't label JT a failure if weren't top two after the final game just yet. Lets see how the transfer window ends, who we still have, perhaps with a couple of additions and then see how the first ten games go. I certainly very much enjoyed seeing the way we played yesterday and even against Benfica, we switched formations a few times, so looks like JT is open minded.

Maybe one with a decent keeper, strikers who have scored any amount of goals whatsoever and strength in depth on the wings.

You've spent God knows how long saying how shite Solanke is and now he's the most talented striker in the Championship on account of your inflated transfer fee. Why the 180° about turn on him? Because that's the only way you can continue to be negative about afcb.
Tell me a squad you’d swap for ours

Complacency, poor team selection, attitude not matching ability.
Right. But why? I mean, why would players have been complacent? Why the poor team selection, unless the manager was expecting the players to do something different on the pitch, and if they didn't do what he wanted, then why? And why the bad attitudes?
I still think there's something else behind all this.

There are so many outside influences that can affect where we finish at the end of the season. If we give a fighting, credible performance in every game I for one will be happy. BTW I wanted JT as manager!

No. I've not said "anything other than auto promotion is failure". It's for you to justify why you think Solanke and a couple of kids is the best squad in the Championship.
Define Bournemouth’s squad.

‘Solanke and a couple of kids’

Yes, that’s our squad Del. You read through the list ‘Lerma, Cook x2, Smith, Kelly, Mepham, Gosling, Stanislas, Danjuma, Stacey, Brooks’ and you think ‘couple of kids that... ooh and 20m Solanke’. Be lucky if they get a corner....

Priceless!

I wouldn’t swap our squad for any in this league and waiting for someone to tell me whose squad they would swap it for. Including you... but you won’t as you know there isn’t one so you will hide behind not having to.

Yes, that’s our squad Del. You read through the list ‘Lerma, Cook x2, Smith, Kelly, Mepham, Gosling, Stanislas, Danjuma, Stacey, Brooks’ and you think ‘couple of kids that... ooh and 20m Solanke’. Be lucky if they get a corner....

Priceless!

I wouldn’t swap our squad for any in this league and waiting for someone to tell me whose squad they would swap it for. Including you... but you won’t as you know there isn’t one so you will hide behind not having to.

As I said in my previous post I was talking about our strike force, which is a pretty important part of the squad and that's exact how I'd describe it assuming King leaves.

I don't know much about other Championship team (I'm not the one making outlandish claims about our relative strengths afterall) but I don't think our forward line is in the top ten squads. I doubt our goalkeeping department is either. How many teams would swap or keepers or strikers for theirs? That's 2/4 areas we are weak on paper. I think we are weak on the wings too, especially if we lose Brooks.

It's YOU who have said about how our strong is the best not me. I don't have to prove your thesis you do. You've about as much clue about how strong other squads are as I do, which is f*ck all, yet you're convinced we have a much better squad than them (other than goalkeepers and strikers presumably).

Priceless!

Thats because this board isn't full of people who know everything about all the other squads and are prepared to unequivocally state we will be promoted. Mighty Leeds took 16 years to 'bounce' back.

You've stated your case with, it seems to me, the sole aim of being able to slag Tindall off whatever the outcome of the season.

We all look forward with hope when a new season starts.

Then end of the year will give us some answers on how things are really going.

We have no idea yet until the transfer window closes on who may yet leave, except for speculation.

Let’s hope our record of injuries doesn’t continue this season.

;