West Ham v AFC Bournemouth - Thursday 7.30 pm

West Ham have been singing that song for around 100 years as Liverpool fans have sang theirs for around 60 years.

Whatever other football fans think of those songs, they are associated with their two clubs, even if the West Ham song originated in the US, it has become their football song.

Some other clubs also have a song that’s been with their club for many years.

It’s like some of the chants you hear now at Dean Court and other grounds around the country, they are the same repetitive ones and nothing original.
You’ll never walk alone is from the musical Carousel. 1940’s.

West Ham have been singing that song for around 100 years as Liverpool fans have sang theirs for around 60 years.

Whatever other football fans think of those songs, they are associated with their two clubs, even if the West Ham song originated in the US, it has become their football song.

Some other clubs also have a song that’s been with their club for many years.

It’s like some of the chants you hear now at Dean Court and other grounds around the country, they are the same repetitive ones and nothing original.
Whatever they think of their camp ditties and how long they've been singing them they're still more appropriate for a drag night then a football stadium.

No, the taxpayer spent a fortune converting it for them.
What I was referring to was not who paid for it , but that it cost all those millions converting it into neither a football stadium nor an athletics stadium.

What I was referring to was not who paid for it , but that it cost all those millions converting it into neither a football stadium nor an athletics stadium.
I have mixed opinions - at least it’s not a white elephant like many Olympic stadiums and it’s great the UK has a large athletics stadium for the diamond league; it is still amazing for athletics. Plus it is versatile enough to host baseball and in theory cricket.

I also think the views are much better than if they didn’t have the retractable seating.

But with the exception of Palace it is probably the worst view I’ve been to in the premier league.

I have mixed opinions - at least it’s not a white elephant like many Olympic stadiums and it’s great the UK has a large athletics stadium for the diamond league; it is still amazing for athletics. Plus it is versatile enough to host baseball and in theory cricket.

I also think the views are much better than if they didn’t have the retractable seating.

But with the exception of Palace it is probably the worst view I’ve been to in the premier league.
I may be missing something but surely the UK doesn't have an Olympic sized Athletics stadium anymore as it's leased to the Spammers as a shite football ground. If London were ever to host a major athletics tournament again are you saying British Athletics could simply commandeer the stadium?

I may be missing something but surely the UK doesn't have an Olympic sized Athletics stadium anymore as it's leased to the Spammers as a shite football ground. If London were ever to host a major athletics tournament again are you saying British Athletics could simply commandeer the stadium?
I think that was the deal as well as football, it could still be used for athletics.

They had an event in July last year.

Plus this.

Built to host London 2012, the former Olympic Stadium at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park is home to Premier League football club West Ham United and UK Athletics. With rock concerts through the intervening months, our versatile venue has also seen us host the Rugby World Cup, international and domestic Rugby Union, The Race of Champions, the RFL Four Nations and was home for the first Major League Baseball games to be played in Europe.

Yes exactly. Every year it hosts the Diamond league and is the best attended host city.

West Ham are the primary tenants but not the owners.

Before the Manu vWhu game ,Jarrod Bowen was interviewed and he said that they thought the Sheff united and Bournemouth games were both two points dropped.I mean Wtf!

Yes exactly. Every year it hosts the Diamond league and is the best attended host city.

West Ham are the primary tenants but not the owners.
Hopefully Crystal Palace gets done up too. We need more athletics venues, it's pathetic compared to other countries.

Yes Billy it was. It was a straight forward "who touched the ball to Solanke?". Just the sort of thing VAR can solve.

Not introduce ambiguous interpretations by Assistants to the Video Assistant Referee, that are in turn assisting the Referee and his Referee's Assistants. That's when the pond becomes cloudier than my Newt pond on Palmate newt mating night : )

With the discussion re VAR and also Howard Webb on the game at Newcastle, not sure if this has been posted anywhere, but it seems it worked to our advantage this time.

Going back to this, if this was a really good example of VAR, why wasn't Jaidon Anthony's goal given at Anfield, as the last touch was off a defender?

What am I missing? Is there a difference between the touch off a Liverpool defender to Jaidon, and the touch off of Philips to Solanke???

Going back to this, if this was a really good example of VAR, why wasn't Jaidon Anthony's goal given at Anfield, as the last touch was off a defender?

What am I missing? Is there a difference between the touch off a Liverpool defender to Jaidon, and the touch off of Philips to Solanke???
I can't remember the Anthony one very well, but I think it may be that the Liverpool defender went for the ball because Anthony was around (and offside when the ball was played) otherwise he would have let it bounce to the keeper if Anthony hadn't been around.

Whereas Phillips was challenging Christie who wasn't offside and wasn't really concerned about Solanke in that moment so if Solanke hadn't been there Phillips would have acted in pretty much the same manner.

;